Author Topic: busting out sound & message  (Read 2899 times)

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
busting out sound & message
« on: August 03, 2012, 08:03:27 PM »
Can anybody tell me the exact syntax that would belong in the conditions window to fire off a trigger when a particular player (named ALLEN) is busted out. I have tried to follow Timmer post of Nov 1, 2011 and can get the message displayed and the sound to work when I fire event now but not when I bust him out. currently have if = allen in conditions window. Also is the TD softwre case sensitive?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: busting out sound & message
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 08:52:59 PM »
There's no way to do it in version 2.

In version 3, you can match on the internalID variable.  Each player will have an Internal ID, which is, as the name implies, an internal identifier that the software uses to uniquely identify every player.  You can see this by editing the player on the Database tab, or by editing a player on the Players tab and then pressing the "Edit" button on the Name line.  Either of these will bring up the Player Details dialog.  The last line should be Internal ID.  If it doesn't display, check the box Show all fields.  Internal IDs look like this: 9f2481b0-9b5b-11da-1d7b-726563178260

You'll need to specify conditions like this:

internalID = "9f2481b0-9b5b-11da-1d7b-726563178260"

The quotes (") around the ID are important.  It won't work without them.

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »
thank you will give it a try and yes I am using ver 3

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 11:00:14 PM »
Finally got it to work. Learned the difference between run and exec. Now is there syntax to fire on a persons name? Also you never answered is TD 3 case sensitive?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 11:32:58 PM »
with variables, yes it will be case sensitive. using "ENTRIES" would not yield the number of entrants like "entries" will. In other cases, I don't believe that it is.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 09:43:37 AM »
Now is there syntax to fire on a persons name?

No, because players can have the same name, and because names can be displayed in a variety of formats, it would simply lead to confusion and frustration.  Using an internal ID isn't pretty, but it will always work.

Also you never answered is TD 3 case sensitive?

Depends on what you're referring to, but in general the answer should be "no".  In previous versions, things like layout tokens and their attributes were case sensitive, but I have been working to remove all case sensitivity.  I was just alerted to the fact that tokens in exports are case sensitive, and I've made those case-insensitive as well (will be in version 3.2).