Author Topic: "buyinscount" variable  (Read 4198 times)

Dahaniel

• View Profile
"buyinscount" variable
« on: July 06, 2007, 08:34:57 PM »
Hi, it would be cool to have an "buyinscout" variable, I couldn't find it.

It want to use it for to have a way, that only peaople who participated in at least 3 tournaments would get scores inside the league. Somehow like this:

if(buyinscount > 2, average(scores), 0)

or is this already possible somehow?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "buyinscount" variable
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 08:55:36 PM »
numberOfPlayers, or n

Dahaniel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 08:52:17 AM »
But this gives me the number of Players in the tournament.
What I need is the number of tournaments a Player already participated. So tha I can set up a formula that won't count Players which played less than 3 tournaments.

Bojan1983

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:35:33 AM »
I think that is exactly i wanted to post about...

I want to have option in my stats to filter out players that didnt played x number of tournaments...

is that possible?
Proud owner of TD licence :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 10:22:58 AM »
I guess you needed to specify exactly what you meant by "buyinscount", and for which formula you are needing this variable.

For the Points for Playing formula, or for the Score formula, the variable "numberOfPlayers" or "n" represents the number of players who have bought-in to the tournament.  Since a player can only buy-in once (any further "buy-ins" would be "rebuys"), this also represents the "buyinscount", in the sense of "the number of buy-ins for the tournament".  If you meant "how many times a player bought-in", this is always 1 for any tournament, so it is a useless number for Points for Playing or Score formulas.

For the Overall Score formula, the variable "numberOfTournaments" or "n" represents the number of tournaments that passed your filter (or the number of tournaments over which we are calculating stats).  The "numberOfScores" or "s" represents the number of scores a player has, which also equals the number of tournaments in which the player participated.  You can also get this by using the count() function: "count(scores)" will return the same number.  I failed to document "numberOfScores" and "s" in the user manual, I think.

Bojan1983

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 01:21:48 PM »
what about my post?
Proud owner of TD licence :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 02:00:35 PM »
if(s < 2, 0, formula)

Replace 2 with the minimum number of tournaments.  Replace "formula" with your Overall Score formula.

This won't "filter out" players who played less than 2 tournaments (or however many you decide), but will give those players an Overall Score of 0.

Dahaniel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 05:22:50 AM »
Thx, that's exactly what I was looking for!