Author Topic: Did i just lose all my data?  (Read 2754 times)

Diojr

• View Profile
Did i just lose all my data?
« on: April 26, 2012, 12:31:58 PM »
Ok, so i logged on, after not having used TTD for a while, and upgraded to the latest version, as the beta i was running when i last used it, was apperently so outdated, that i wasn't even allowed to use it.

Now, i am having all sorts of problems.

First of all, i am getting the following error, almost everytime i click something:

Code: [Select]
'length' is null or not an object (PreferencesTab, TournamentPage: 1)
 at openDialog(Dialog)
 at openSettingsWindow(Function)
 at enterSettingsTab()
 at handleCommonHotkeyActions(Number)
 at handleHotkey()

Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Browser Client Info Version: 7.0
Browser Code Name: Mozilla
Browser Decided Version: 8.0
Browser Detected Version: 8.0
Browser Language: en-US
Browser Minor Version: 0
Browser Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Cookies Enabled: true
CPU Class: x86
Data Folder: C:\Users\Dio\Documents\The Tournament Director 2
Date: 7:28:28 pm 4/26/2012
DB File: C:\Users\Dio\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db\td.db
DB Folder: C:\Users\Dio\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db
Install Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 2
JScript Build: 16982
JScript Version: 5.8
Media Player Version: 12.0.7601.17514
Online: true
Platform: Win32
Repo Folder: C:\Users\Dio\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data
System Language: da-DK
TD Version: 2.5.13
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
User Language: da-DK
Virtual Store Folder: C:\Users\Dio\AppData\Roaming\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2

Second of all, i am getting: "There was a problem loading the tournament", each time i try to load any of my old tournament templates. Same things happens when i try to load my old layouet: "There was a problem loading the layout"

Furthermore, my stats seem to have disappeared. The only thing i CAN see, are the players i entered under "Database", but none of the stats are recorded on them..

Please tell me this is recoverable somehow.

Diojr

• View Profile
Re: Did i just lose all my data?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 01:13:42 PM »
I tried reinstalling the software now, and messed around a bit to check out if i could solve the problem myself.

The beta i ran before, was still using the external file storage (in documents) and my save files are located there.

Like i said, under the "databases" tab, i can see my players, my league and my season, but no stats are recorded and shown on the "stats" page :(

I am still not able to load anything, and the error message posted above, is still appearing from time to time.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 01:41:19 PM »
With the latest version of TDD, it has created a new folder for version three. Did you check to see if the data you are missing is there by chance? If it's not, check out where the preferences shows for where it shows the files and preferences being saved to. That should be a huge clue as to where the info is. It shouldn't be lost, by any means. Are you trying to save it locally on the computer, or to a network drive? If the later, then the question becomes are you the only one accessing TDD files from the network? Cause if not, one will "win out" over the other (I think the one that writes to it most recently wins out).

I can see if I get the same error message concerning one of your tourney files, if you would be willing to attach it here.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Diojr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 04:09:19 PM »
Hey.

Thank you for trying to help.

I realize that i haven't been that good at clarifying my problem.

I am not using a network drive. The files are stored locally on my computer, and i am the only one using them.

I am not using TDD 3, as i do not currently have the money to buy the latest version. I upgraded to 2.5.13. I am not sure what version i upgraded from, other than it was Beta 5 (i believe).

I have attached one of my tourney files.

The weird thing is, that it is all of my old files that i cannot load, and all of the stats are gone. I cannot use my tourney file, my layout template, my prize template and so on. I get: "There was a problem loading the tournament/layout/prize template" no matter what file i try to load.

And i get the before mentioned error report on random occasions. It's pretty frustrating.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 04:35:28 PM »
Beta5 is 3.0 now, any layout loaded on beta5 will only run on 3.0 thats my understanding of it.  did you make a back-up------hopefully
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 04:43:14 PM by TIMMER »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 08:54:10 PM »
I agree with Timmer, with the hopes that you did back up the info. My understanding, though, was that while it ended up being the beta for V3, it was "officially" 2.6.b5  ???  Corey should be able to chime in more on this, but it very well could be an issue of compatability, as Timmer is getting at.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Diojr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 12:43:53 AM »
I made a backup uSing 2.5.13. I was not able to make a backup using beta 5, as TTD told me a new version had arrived, and then forced me to exit.

I wonder if that backup will work then. Did you guys try loading my layou with version 3? Did it work?

Its kinda frustrating that I now have to buy the software again, to be able to use my old info. And I bought it in December 2010, so I am only eligable for the smallest discount..

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 07:29:51 AM »
It works on mine 3.1.1  Try loading your backup 2.5.13

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 12:59:12 PM »
2.6 was a beta of the "next" version after 2.6.  It ultimately became 3.0.  Any files saved with those betas (or version 3) will not work in version 2.  The templates that come with the software that are currently in your Data Store are likely still from version 2.6, even though you reinstalled version 2, which is probably why you're seeing an error trying to load them, too.  There's an easy way to get those back, if you want to stick with version 2.  Any files (tournament or templates) you saved with version 3 cannot be loaded in version 2.  Version 2.5.13 (the latest version 2 which can be downloaded from the TD website) can read a version 3 database, however, which is why you can still see your players, leagues, and seasons in the database.

HOWEVER, if you were using a 2.6 beta, you likely qualify for a free upgrade.  Follow the instructions on the following page to apply for an upgrade: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/upgrade.html

Make sure to follow the instructions for entering your Store Code.  It will be necessary to qualify you for a free upgrade, IF you were using a 2.6 beta version.

Hopefully moving to version 3 will solve all of the issues you're experiencing.

Diojr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »
Thanks a a lot Corey.

I tried the upgrade form, and we'll see what happens. My fingers are crossed ;)

Diojr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 10:00:25 AM »
Ok, so a last word from me in this thread, for future references.

The problem was, as stated by the guys in this thread, and by Corey, that the beta5 templates, which i ran, are only compatible with TTD 3.

I used the upgrade form, and qualified for a free upgrade. So the solution was: Download TTD 3 - and everything worked like a charm again.

Thanks alot!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 08:53:40 PM »
Awesome! Glad to hear that everything worked out for you in the end!
---