Author Topic: Can you create multiple add-ons with different values?  (Read 1025 times)

mrowland1

• View Profile
Can you create multiple add-ons with different values?
« on: January 18, 2013, 02:40:32 PM »
Hello,

I am a small business owner and I operate charity/fundraiser poker tournaments. I am not overly happy with my current software and am looking to make a change. One functionality that I really need is the ability to create add-ons for these events, but to be able to customize them. For example, my current software, I can create an add on, specify how much it is and its chip value; set the levels which it is available and all that good stuff, but that's it.

I routinely have customers who want to offer 2-3 add ons but they are different chip values. They want me to offer an add on of a 5000 chip to start, 10,000 in level 5, and 15,000 in level 8 (just an example). My software can multiple add-ons but they have to be the same value.

Can The Tournament Director create add-ons like I need?

Thanks.

Matt

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Can you create multiple add-ons with different values?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 03:55:39 PM »
Sort-of,

In your example the add-on changes depending on the level, so this is possible, by editing the add-on between times to facilitate this, it will ask if you wish the add-ons that have already been performed to be altered too, but that is where you click no, and then can carry out the next round of add-ons as you wish, keeping the pot and chip count correct.
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 04:31:14 PM »
Stuart's right, but that's one way.  When performing add-ons, you can also adjust any of the values at that time.  So even though the add-on fee is set to $30 on the Game tab, when you perform add-ons you can change the fee value for any particular add-on.

Also, in version 3.2, currently in beta testing, you can create add-on profiles, each having their own settings (fee, rake, chips, etc).  So you can set up multiple add-ons before the tournament.  When you perform an add-on, you can quickly select one of the profiles.

mrowland1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 09:10:05 PM »
Thank you very much for the feedback, that is very helpful. My next event is not until March 2 (unless another one pops up before then!), and I definitely want to have this in place when the baseball season hits and all those competitive teams start looking to do fundraisers. :)