Author Topic: Dealers Special  (Read 1468 times)

Twhitman

• View Profile
Dealers Special
« on: August 29, 2011, 02:13:34 PM »
Is there an easy way to use the add-ons, rebuys, and then a dealers special.  What makes the dealers special different is that it adds to the chip count but not to the prize pool.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Dealers Special
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 03:33:52 PM »
Couldn't you just adjust their starting chip stack to take care of it? I believe that you should be able to do it from the Player's tab, and selecting the player from there.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 04:05:15 PM »
Think you can have add ons, then select cost of add on, some you put what the cost is, the other is 0 then no money will be added to the prize fund.

I think

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 07:29:55 AM »
I'm not familiar with a Dealer's Special, but it sounds like you could use a rebuy or add-on to accomplish this.  Set the Chips Received appropriately to adjust the player's stack and the total chip count.  Set the fee appropriately.  If the fee is not zero, then set the rake to the same as the fee.  Then no money goes to the pot.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 02:28:36 PM »
I did exactly this with my club. We called it a 'dealer bonus', an optional add-on where the money is given to the dealers as a tip instead. Set the amount of your 'add-on' then set the rake to the same amount as Corey suggested.
I did, in an earlier post, request a second add-on cuz there are times when we d have both the dealer bonus and a real ass-on...

Twhitman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 03:33:48 PM »
I am sorry, I didn't explain myself completely.

I have a tournament that currently has a $20 re-buy and a $50 add-on.  I would like to add on to this a dealers special (instead of tipping during the tournament, customers buy these specials which is provided 100% as tip money and gives incentive to buy them because they get more chips).  So to break it down this is the setup:

1 - $50 registration - Get 5000 in chips - 100% to prize pool and chips goto chip count
2 - $20 re-buys before the first break - 2000 in chips each re-buy - 100% to prize pool and chips goto chip count
1 - $10 dealers special before the break - 1000 in chips - 0 to prize pool but chips still go to chip count
1 - $50 add-on at first break - 10000 in chips 100% to prize pool and chips goto chip count

As stated by a previous poster, a second add-on would accomplish this.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 07:07:20 PM »