Author Topic: Stats Question for our Poker Series  (Read 1738 times)

Bixby

• Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
Stats Question for our Poker Series
« on: April 30, 2007, 11:13:07 AM »
Hello everyone:

I am not sure if what I am looking for can be accomplished in TD, but it is worth asking. There are many clever minds in the group...

We run a Poker Series from January to October. In November the top eight ranked players meet at a final table for the big prize. I commit to hosting a minimum of 20 games throughout the series and each night consists of two table with 8 players each. The sixteen seats are sold on a first come first serve basis. Some players get many games in and some only get a few in.

The players Series Points are based on the BEST seven games out of the player's FIRST ten games played. This structure was in place before we started to use the tracking features in TD. Now that we have started to uncover the benefits and features of TD we are curious to ffind out if the stats can reflect this in any way.

Any help or guidance on how to accomplish this in TD would be appreciated...
...Matt
My KARMA ran over your DOGMA

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stats Question for our Poker Series
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 11:40:19 AM »
Not yet.  The Stats doesn't allow calculating based on conditionals such as the "best" 7 out of 10 games.  Still onboard for a future version, but for now you'll have to figure it out yourself.

There is a feature in version 2.3 (still in beta testing) that can help.  On the Stats tab, you can switch the view so that you can see a particular data point (such as Points) for each tournament for each player - makes it a bit easier to manually identify each players' best 7 games, for example...

Bixby

• Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 12:07:07 PM »
Thanks Corey.

Quite a speedy response. Thanks. I figured this might be a left field request, I am glad it is on a list to look at in the future. I imagine your head must spin with all of the ways various people set up their games, points structures, leagues, and other parameters. Who would have thought there would be this much variation in how people run and manage their poker events? :D
My KARMA ran over your DOGMA

jellygoose21

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 07:46:01 PM »
Bixby, good question, yeah I like the idea of that too.
My next season is going to be run over 10 weeks.
And i was thinking of doing the same thing, best 8 of 10.

Cause we all know that not every game do you get the right cards.
Nor does bluffing work some times.

And good to hear it might be added for a new version.

Thanks