Author Topic: Exporting Database  (Read 1876 times)

cjroberts001

• View Profile
Exporting Database
« on: May 14, 2013, 12:49:55 PM »
Hi  im in the process of finishing my website for the tournaments i run and i wonder if it would be possible to create a SharkScope like page for my players to be able to view there results. all iv been doing on a fb page is manually putting results up after the games have finished.  is if it was possible to export or import the database file to access or sql somehow? without having to manually export it through td!    Thanks in Advange

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting Database
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 08:05:08 PM »
is if it was possible to export or import the database file to access or sql somehow?

Sure, but not without some coding to get it from the TD format into your database format.  Many different paths but all require some coding knowledge.

without having to manually export it through td!

Anything's possible, but this would require a lot of work.  Rather than try to read and decipher the TD's internal format, it would be a lot easier to take an existing export, read that and insert the data into a database.

muodonovan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 05:21:05 PM »
check out the tournament leaderboard wordpress plugin... if your site is wordpress or joomla based this works great.

www,thepokerleaderboard.com

tbankert

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 05:48:14 PM »
I actually just finished up the site for our league, season starts this Saturday.  Basically what Corey said is the way to go.  Generate an export from TD in csv format, and parse out the results, and dump them into your website's db.  The only thing I have to do is print out a list of players added to the database, and add their ID's to the ID field in TD.  Probably a step I didn't need to do, but would rather have mysql assign the id's that way I know I'm in control of it.  Our league is pretty simplistic, but you can check out our page here
http://www.americanlegionpost44.org/poker

first tournament results will be posted after saturday if you want to see it with some data in it, I was testing on different site:
http://www.nowoodstock.com/poker.cfm

just created a dummy tournament with only two people and some bogus results from TD.

I'm using Coldfusion for my implementation, might make it available at some juncture to the public to download and install on your own site.  Right now I have it pretty intertwined with my custom CMS, so not sure how much of that code I want to push out to the general public ya know, but I can mod it out so it's standalone.  If anyone's interested let me know, and I'll get to work on it.

randwic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 12:45:43 AM »
Hello,

I just found your component very nice work.

Is your component is available for download for joomla 3?

Best Regards