Author Topic: Points for Playing Token - Minor Suggestion  (Read 1856 times)

MattBurlew

• View Profile
Points for Playing Token - Minor Suggestion
« on: June 17, 2007, 04:18:09 PM »
When displaying points earned with the pointsforplaying token, the points are left justified instead of right justified (note that I'm not showing column headings).

Not that this is a big deal by any stretch.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Points for Playing Token - Minor Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 10:40:39 AM »
In order to right-justify the point amounts, the list would need to be structured in a table, so that the columns line up properly and the contents can be properly right-justified.  The list is not implemented in a table to give more flexibility to how it should be rendered (although this prevents the right-justifying of the values).  Other HTML tags you might wish to use will affect the list - as a simple example, if you had as your HTML "<b><pointsforplaying orient="vertical" ...></b>", the entire list would be rendered in bold type.  If it were structured in a table, outer HTML tags would have no affect on the points for playing list.

Additionally, rendering speed is increased dramatically by not using a table - both because tables are more costly to render (IE), and because the software would then have to apply property settings (font, colors, alignment, etc) of the Layout Cell to every table cell in that table.

A little technical, but ...

MattBurlew

• View Profile
Re: Points for Playing Token - Minor Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 03:25:23 PM »
Oh, ok.

I was using the vertical option, should have mentioned that.

The ranks are right justified, so I thought it actually was a table.