Author Topic: PRIZE MONEY  (Read 2613 times)

sport303

• View Profile
PRIZE MONEY
« on: June 16, 2008, 12:39:11 AM »
HEY GUYS,

I host a poker league, this is my first year and I need some suggestions on how to distribute the prize money at the end of the season should there be a tie in the final point standings. As it stands right now I have 1st place in points would receive $4000 and a gold bracelet. 2nd place = $2500.00 and 3rd place = $1500.00. Anyone have any ideas should any of these final standings end up in a tie ?

Cheers
sport

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: PRIZE MONEY
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 01:34:21 PM »
Well, if you end up with a tie for 2nd you should just add up the money for 2nd and 3rd and split it evenly.  If 1st place ends up in a tie ......... sell the bracelet and split the proceeds?  :)

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 08:59:40 AM »
Let the players who are tied go heads-up with the winner finishing in the higher position.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 01:38:43 AM »
What we did for ours is have a final tournament with only the top 8 of our point leaders and distribute the prizes based on the winners of that tournament. The starting chips depended on how many points you had throughout the season, so if you ended up with 3000 points you got 3000 in tournament chips to start with... if you were in last place with 800 chips you started with 800... It gave a big edge to the leader but gave "a chip and a chair" mentality so was an interesting experiment... Its probably not for every one but we enjoyed it