Author Topic: Round-Based Tournaments (Quarter-Final, Final, Loserpool, etc.)  (Read 3122 times)

onkelandy

• View Profile
Round-Based Tournaments (Quarter-Final, Final, Loserpool, etc.)
« on: January 04, 2007, 04:49:11 PM »
Hello everyone!
I really love this software because it's the only one out there that has so many features. I am missing one feature anyway, don't know if it's possible..
I want to have a tournament set-up with i.e. 3 tables. They play completely seperately until 3 players are left on each table. These 3 guys get in the final table (the rest in the loserpool or whatever). The final table starts again from ZERO, means new chipstacks, Blind Level 1.

is there a way to setup such a tournament? Is there another software capable doing this? A tree-like chart would be beautiful..something like in sports playoffs.
http://www.winternet.com/~wingnut/html/hock10ie.htm

Thanks for your answers!

PTL

• View Profile
    • Poker League
Re: Round-Based Tournaments (Quarter-Final, Final, Loserpool, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 06:43:19 PM »
why can't you just start a new tournament?
The Best User Driven Poker Site, where you can find Poker Games in your area and get the latest Poker Strategy.

onkelandy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 08:25:33 PM »
Well, that's the way I did it ;-) But it's just not comfortable.. You can't record the progress when you open a new tournament for the final table.. you can't show the charts.. and so on :-(

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 09:58:41 AM »
Turn off automatic seating suggestions, since you don't want to be bothered with that.
You might want to simply add additional rounds which you jump to when you hit the final table.  For example, let's say so far you never make it past round 7 before there are only 3 players remaining at each table.  Your schedule probably goes to round 8 or 9, just in case.  If so, start the blinds over at round 10 and repeat the rounds schedule.  When you get down to 3 at each table, set the current round to round 10.  If some tournament DOES make it past round 9 before there are only 3 players remaining at each table, you can always insert new rounds while the tournament is running.

I'm not sure if that helps or not, but it's a suggestion.  I don't know what kind of charts/statistics are important, but at least you don't have 2 tournaments.  And if you were to simply set the round back to round 1 (instead of forward to round 10) then you'd have some players busting out in round 1, and other players who busted out in round 1 who *really* made it to the final table...

onkelandy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 10:43:49 PM »
Hi Corey!
Thanks for the good idea.. that's a workaround.. ;-) But it would still be great to have some kind of playoff-tree.. I'm quite sure other people are also playing tournaments this way. Or for example if you run a heads-up tournament. The winner advances, the loser is out.. a graphical representation of the matchups would be sooo cool ;-)