Author Topic: Sending a wireless signal to a TV  (Read 2437 times)

docdawson007

• View Profile
Sending a wireless signal to a TV
« on: October 17, 2010, 05:38:12 PM »
So, I'm trying to send the TD tournament screen wirelessly to a larger screen (my 56" TV).  I have seen some options but I don't really know what is best or what problems may arise.  I have been looking at the D-Link DSM 320 media lounge and the DSM 520.  Anybody out there done this already?  dd

T-Bone

• View Profile
Re: Sending a wireless signal to a TV
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 04:48:43 AM »
I'm about to give it a try using the Warpia Wireless PC to TV adapter. We'll see.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

docdawson007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 11:17:07 PM »
keep me updated. dd

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 05:34:30 AM »
Will do although there'll be a slight delay. eBay vendor shipped the wrong one.

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 05:12:44 AM »
Will do although there'll be a slight delay. eBay vendor shipped the wrong one. Correct one should arrive today.

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 06:48:40 AM »
Got the Warpia SWP100A yesterday just in time to set it up for last night's tournament. Took me a little longer than the five minutes so many have said it took them to configure...I'm a retired I.T. professional and I needed almost ten minutes!  Used my Samsung netbook and 32" Proscan TV using HDMI connection to the television. Since it is line of sight, I was concerned about players wandering around and blocking the signal. Never happened. Worked like a charm all night. Only thing I noticed was an ever-so-slight lag between computer & TV. Didn't have time to fool around w/various options but will probably move to my Lenova laptop (netbook screen hard to see) and try various configurations before the next game. Ended up getting it from Amazon. So far, a good investment.

docdawson007

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 10:21:46 PM »
Great to hear.  I have a poker table with my computer screen built into the table top, ultra cool for the guys at my table, but when we run multi table games it gets a bit frustrating calling out the blinds.  Sounds like I'll be getting the warpia too!