Author Topic: Latency  (Read 12916 times)

Whiterhino

• View Profile
Latency
« on: January 20, 2016, 04:30:09 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that the software fails to respond as quickly after a Windows 10 upgrade.

It doesn't do it in any other programme and also seems to be the same on my laptop.

I have to click several times with the mouse on most of the buttons and sometimes keystrokes are also ignored.

Forgive me if this is a known issue.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Latency
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 10:22:43 PM »
It's a known issue in the sense that it has been reported only a very few times (maybe only once?) at this time (see http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=5039.msg21468#msg21468).  Thanks for reporting it.  I honestly don't know what might be causing it at this time, but I don't think it's Windows 10.  The TD has been operating fine under Windows 10 for a long time now.  Could be another application, or possibly an update to Windows 10.

Proffanno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 12:41:14 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that the software fails to respond as quickly after a Windows 10 upgrade.

It doesn't do it in any other programme and also seems to be the same on my laptop.

I have to click several times with the mouse on most of the buttons and sometimes keystrokes are also ignored.

Forgive me if this is a known issue.

Same problem here with my laptop. PC is working fine. Weird

CruiseLite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 02:50:24 PM »
So I'm NOT going crazy.... ;)

I too have noticed this anomaly since the last month or so.
Thought it was mouse batteries going dead or some driver issue, etc.
For me, it's like the mouse click is only partially accepted. Click on an item and it is depressed but the underlying process is not initiated. Click again then it completes.

At least now I'll just deal with it and not go to extremes to try and 'fix' it.

shushs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 04:26:55 PM »
I had/have the same issues CruiseLite. I will say that after installing more RAM into my computer, the problem appears far less often. I am not suggesting that you spend more money on RAM, but more RAM is always good, especially under windows. I wonder (and may actually test) trying to allocate a specific amount of memory for the TD software and see if that helps... Right now, I am stuck in SnowZilla 2016, so I may get to it.

Whiterhino

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 02:30:27 AM »
I have oodles of Ram and I'm a PC tech so although I agree that Ram is always could, I find it hard to see a reason to ignore keystrokes. Done all the latest updates, no virus checker (tried it with AVG) and I've gone through the usual cutting out of background applications. It certainly isn't getting better.

Cruiselite has it in one, the buttons are highlighted but need a second or third click to function.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 05:26:26 PM »
I'll get current on Windows updates and see what happens.  Is everyone experiencing this using Windows 10?

Proffanno

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 07:20:46 PM »
I'll get current on Windows updates and see what happens.  Is everyone experiencing this using Windows 10?
Im using W10.

CruiseLite

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 11:37:29 AM »
Win 10 for me as well.

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 01:11:22 PM »
I now have the same problem. Windows 10.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 05:07:56 PM »

Proffanno

• View Profile

Whiterhino

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 11:31:03 AM »
I have made all the recommended changes without any joy I'm afraid apart from reducing the security levels on my system.

When working on settings such as displaying on screen messages  and making changes to prizes etc. the module is virtually un-usable dropping on average 1 keystroke in 3.

Multiple or held clicks are required to activate any commands.

I have no idea why this should be a problem and why IE would make any difference. But it certainly hasn't worked for me.

All issues coincide with upgrade to windows 10.

Whiterhino

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 03:34:44 PM »
Further to that the changes recommended exposed my PC to vulnerabilities and I now have 349 viruses via Internet Explorer