Author Topic: sit players in all the tables  (Read 934 times)

Linker_Split

• View Profile
sit players in all the tables
« on: August 02, 2010, 05:04:26 AM »
hello everybody,
my name is luca and I'm a floorman.
I use Tournament Director 2 to set our tournaments, but I'm having some troubles in this:

we have 9 tables, and we would like to make them all full (90 players) but, since the tournament starts at 22 pm, and there are only let's say, 50 players, torunament directors makes them seat in the first 5 tables, leaving the others empty.
is there a way to use also the other tables when sitting?
how can i manage this?
thank you for your reply
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 05:06:27 AM by Linker_Split »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: sit players in all the tables
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 11:27:28 AM »
Two ways, neither is probably perfect for your situation.

(1) If you know the players that will be playing, you can add everyone to the tournament and seat them before buying them into the tournament.  You can do this by pressing the "Settings" button on the Tables tab and checking "Allow seating of players who have not bought-in".  However, you probably don't know who will be playing ahead of time, so this likely isn't the answer.

(2) Use the "Auto seat" option when buying players in.  Make sure this option is checked on the "Buy-in" dialog.  Since the software has no idea how many players will ultimately be playing, it doesn't try to "balance" the seating at this time.  Instead, it simply picks an empty seat at random.  This is probably the best option for your situation.

Linker_Split

• View Profile
Re: sit players in all the tables
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 02:11:06 PM »
thank you mr. Cooper

the second option was the one I thought first.
Also what I'm thinking is:

when will be 22 pm, I'll see how many people have bought in, then I'll place them in 6-max tables (making TD tables 6max) and when tournament begins, I'll add seats and peoples to these tables