Author Topic: Serial Question.  (Read 2009 times)

playtek

• View Profile
Serial Question.
« on: October 16, 2006, 03:17:16 AM »
Hi,
We started our own league 2 weeks ago, and used the 30-day trial to keep the score. When I tried to reopen the tournament director today, it says that the trial has expired. On Friday, it said : 17 days left... Anybody else experienced this?

Also we rotate on where we are playing, so i was wondering, could I buy one license to use in the league, or do I have to buy one license for each computer used?

Is there some way of getting out the last results without buying the license? I dont know how long it will take to register, and the other players really want to know the result  :D

I have used the tournament director on my work computer. First time logged in as my work-user, second time i created a private account. Could this create a problem with the serial? After I have bought a serial, will this create a problem? That I use the same program with different useraccounts (but just with one at a time)?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 03:27:17 AM by playtek »

playtek

• View Profile
Re: Serial Question.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 06:28:47 AM »
I have now purchased the serial. Does anyone know how long it will take before it arrives? In the meantime, is it possible to use another program to extract the data from our last tournament? I tried reintalling 1.3 but it wasn't compatible...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Question.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 11:01:21 AM »
If the system clock changed, it can sometimes cause the evaluation period to prematurely abort.  Unfortunately, there is no recourse for this - once the evaluation period is over, it can't be reset.

Logging into the machine as a different user should have no effect.  However, if you log-in as an under-privileged user (such as a "guest" account), you might see some errors if the account does not have access to write to the disk (in the location in which the TD was installed).  Plus, you'd definitely have trouble trying to save a tournament.

I typically process license key puchases several times daily.

And for the "multiple computers" question: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq1