Author Topic: Error 2.6  (Read 3610 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Error 2.6
« on: February 24, 2010, 05:58:52 PM »
I hit this when busting out a player...
'this.getElement(...)' is null or not an object (TablesTab, TournamentPage: 1021)
 at uber(String)
 at anonymous()
 at openDialog(BustPlayersOutDialog)
 at bustPlayersOutDialog(String, null, null)
 at bustPlayersOutDialogWrapper(String, null)

Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Browser Client Info Version: 7.0
Browser Code Name: Mozilla
Browser Decided Version: 8.0
Browser Detected Version: 8.0
Browser Language: en-us
Browser Minor Version: 0
Browser Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Cookies Enabled: true
CPU Class: x86
Data Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Jody Stacey\My Documents\The Tournament Director 2
Date: 6:56:57 pm 2/24/2010
DB File: C:\Documents and Settings\Jody Stacey\My Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db\td.db
DB Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Jody Stacey\My Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db
Install Folder: C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2
JScript Build: 22960
JScript Version: 5.8
Media Player Version: 11.0.5721.5268
Online: true
Platform: Win32
Preferences File: C:\Documents and Settings\Jody Stacey\My Documents\The Tournament Director 2\prefs.sav
Repo Config File: C:\Documents and Settings\Jody Stacey\My Documents\The Tournament Director 2\repo.sav
Repo Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Jody Stacey\My Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data
System Language: en-us
TD Version: 2.6.a1
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
User Language: en-us
Virtual Store Folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Jody Stacey\Application Data\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2

And, the default warning sounds do not play when secondsLeft=60, secondsLeft=3 or 2 or 1.
Jody

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Error 2.6
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 04:02:33 PM »
Can't figure out the error you got.  I'll keep digging.

I do hear the default warning sounds at those times.  Are you sure your events are configured to play sounds at those times?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 04:13:55 PM »
OK, well I did find where you are likely getting the error, but I cannot figure out why.  Are you getting it every time you try to bust a player out?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »
The error happens every player I bust. I am able to continue without incident though. And as for the warning soounds, they are set to the default. I haven't modified anything in the events panel

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 09:33:03 AM »
If you turn off the "Allow Find on player dialogs" preference, do you still get the error when you try to bust a player out?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 03:57:12 PM »
the "Allow Find..." checkbox was unchecked. I checked it, restarted TD and got same results. Unchecked, restarted and still got same error message. By the way, if it isn't too late, an undo/redo button on the layout tab could come in handy...Drag and drop with cells from the toolbox to the rows/columns too.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 09:11:36 PM »
Interesting.  I will continue investigating.  Thanks for checking on that.

Drag-and-drop in the Layout is actually high on my list.  I'm overhauling the drag-and-drop on the Tables tab at the moment - nothing big, just seeing how I can improve it in a few ways.  I'd love to get drag-and-drop for the layout into 2.6 but I think it's too big at this late point in the game.  Need to just get 2.6 out so I can get back on a quicker release schedule.

Undo/Redo for the layout: I agree this would be nice.  The issue now is that the easiest way to implement this is to simply create copies [of the layout] as you make changes.  Then performing an Undo is as easy as moving back to the most recent copy.  Unfortunately with the changes to the layout in 2.6, it now contains a lot of objects and copying the layout is actually very expensive.  So I'd have to come up with a cheaper way...