Author Topic: Version 3 Not Loading Prior Version Settings  (Read 1447 times)

jhanna4112

• View Profile
    • Joe's Garage 127
Version 3 Not Loading Prior Version Settings
« on: November 01, 2011, 06:01:43 PM »
Just installed Version 3, waiting on the License Key.  Opened my tournament template and found many settings were gone, particularly Rakes.  I had created a custom Rake ($10 split into two fields, one for snacks and beverages $4 and one for an end of year party $6).  Was there something I needed to do or a setting I needed to make?

Tryed to open the BETA version so I could at least run my tournament but that won't open now, something about license agreement expiring.

Any help would be appreciated.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Version 3 Not Loading Prior Version Settings
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 09:16:18 PM »
Rake definitions are stored as Preferences.  Actual rakes are stored as part of a tournament.

So, I opened 2.5.12 and defined 2 rakes with custom names (like yours).  I then opened the sample tournament, set the Per-player rake (both values, since I have 2 rakes defined), and the Fixed rake (again, both values).  I then saved the tournament.

Then I opened 3.0.  The 2 rake definitions with custom names were there (the preferences were successfully upgraded).  I opened the tournament file and found that the rake values I set were there, too (the tournament file was successfully upgraded).

I never heard of a problem like this during the beta test.  Are you certain the rakes have disappeared?

jhanna4112

• View Profile
    • Joe's Garage 127
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 10:17:40 PM »
Yes.  But it was easy enough to create them again.  However, my columns in the Stats tab seem to have reverted to a default setting.  Do I have to recreate my custom columns for the Stats tab and Players tab for export to a CSV file?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 11:59:34 PM »
Yes.  But it was easy enough to create them again.  However, my columns in the Stats tab seem to have reverted to a default setting.  Do I have to recreate my custom columns for the Stats tab and Players tab for export to a CSV file?

Well, you shouldn't have to because everything should have successfully converted to the new format, but if something was lost, I guess you'll have to recreate them...

jhanna4112

• View Profile
    • Joe's Garage 127
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 06:50:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I wish I was more versed in programming and HTML, oh the templates I could create.  And thank you for this great program, I am the envy of the local poker scene with my professionally run tournaments.  All because of your program. 

I know you're busy but is an update to the help section forthcoming?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 11:15:13 PM »
I know you're busy but is an update to the help section forthcoming?

Forthcoming?  Absolutely.  Soon?  I wish I knew.  At the moment I'm trying to keep up with upgrades, bug reports, etc.  As soon as things stabilize a bit, I'll be working on it.