Author Topic: showing main screen on tv while making changes on laptop  (Read 1010 times)

jenagee

• View Profile
showing main screen on tv while making changes on laptop
« on: July 08, 2010, 05:11:19 PM »
We are having a game and trying to use are RGB cord we have the tournament up on the tv but we are unable to keep the tournament screen up while we make changes on the laptop any suggestions ???

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: showing main screen on tv while making changes on laptop
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 10:29:55 PM »
Sounds like something going on with how you have the screens (displays?) set up.... there should be a way to have the TD screen (with the timer and other info) on the TV while the updates happen on the laptop.... I also know others have had a similar issue, I will see if I can find it and link you up with it :)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 10:36:40 PM »
I think this topic would help you some http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=1990.0

Also, in preferences, there should be a button labeled "extended display". You should be able to configure the TV on that screen so that the layout stays on the TV and you can make the needed changes on the laptop.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 10:14:19 AM »
Couple of things that spring to mind immediately are do you have TD set to run on full-screen mode and do you have extended display enabled in windows display properties? other than that as Jody says use the move to extended display option and it should run on the extended display with the settings screen running on your PC/laptop display.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray