Author Topic: Chop a saved tournament?  (Read 1620 times)

AJ

• View Profile
Chop a saved tournament?
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:37:08 AM »
Hi -

I read the section in the help regarding chops, but I am not how to chop a saved tournament.  The tournament was last week and I saved it with me taking 1st and my buddy taking 2nd but in reality we agreed to chop it 50/50 due to time.

Is there a way to do this so our stats aren't skewed?

Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Chop a saved tournament?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 11:49:17 AM »
Easy to fix, but if you want everything to be "perfect", it will take a little bit of work.

I'm assuming that when you chopped, you actually busted your buddy out (in the TD), ending the tournament.  So:

- Load your tournament
- Undo the bust out of your buddy (press 'S').  This will restart the tournament, since now you and he are back in
- Press CTRL+C to initiate a chop.  Configure the chop, press OK and the tournament will end

The only "problem" with this is that your bust-out times and the tournament end time will be skewed (off by a week, based on your description).  You can adjust these, if you really care, by using the Adjust Rankings dialog on the Players tab.  But I'd only do this if you *really* care, because it's a bit of a pain.

AJ

• View Profile
Re: Chop a saved tournament?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 04:50:07 PM »
Thanks Corey!  Your correct, when we decided to chop, I just busted my buddy out so my name was on top  ;D

I probably will mess with the times a little just so it doesn't look so obvious that I just made the change!