Author Topic: Bounty question  (Read 2165 times)

AJ

• View Profile
Bounty question
« on: December 07, 2006, 11:57:41 AM »
I think I understand how the bounty dialog box works but I needed some clarification on something.  We are starting to use bounties in our monthly tourney and everyone will get one bounty chip when they buy in.  Our normal $30 buyin will now be $35 with $5 going to the bounty pot.  We are a re-buy tournament but I only want to give the bounty chips during the original buyin.  We allow rebuys through level 3.  If a player busts out during the rebuy period and they choose to buy back in, they should not loose their bounty chip to the hitman.  I only want the bounty chips to go to the hitmen when the player is permanently out.

Is this possible with how the bounty dialog box works?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 10:13:57 PM by AJ »

brenner

• View Profile
Re: Bounty question
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 12:21:25 AM »
You should check out this thread...

http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=239.0

There was a lengthy discussion on who to give hits to.  IMHO, I believe that the bounty should go to the first hitman and here's why:  should you penalize the first hitman simply because the player they knocked out wants to rebuy? A Rebuy is another player, plain and simple.

In our tourney, we put bounties on our Points Leader.  If someone knocks them out and the Points Leader rebuys, the bounty goes to the player that first knocked them out.

If I am not mistaken, I believe TD is going to award the bounty to the first Hitman.  You will probably have to manually award the bounty if you want to make it the last hitman.

Just my 2 cents.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 09:09:44 AM »

There was a lengthy discussion on who to give hits to.  IMHO, I believe that the bounty should go to the first hitman and here's why:  should you penalize the first hitman simply because the player they knocked out wants to rebuy? A Rebuy is another player, plain and simple. In our tourney, we put bounties on our Points Leader.  If someone knocks them out and the Points Leader rebuys, the bounty goes to the player that first knocked them out.  If I am not mistaken, I believe TD is going to award the bounty to the first Hitman.  You will probably have to manually award the bounty if you want to make it the last hitman.

Thanks for the feedback.  I give everyone a bounty chip at the initial buyin but not at the rebuys.  Now that I am thinking about it, I award a point for a hit whether or not the person rebuys so I guess it make sense to award the bounty chip whether or not they rebuy as well.

I just ran a test and you were right, TD does award the bounty immediatley when someone busts ....doesn't matter if they rebuy.

Does anyone know if there is a cell that can be configured so the layout displays the bounty winners?  In my test tournament even the summary did not indicate who were the bounty winners.

Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 02:35:20 PM »
Brenner is right: the TD awards the bounty chip to the first hitman to bust out a player.  More specifically, the hitman of the first bust out following a buy-in in which the player bought a bounty chip receives the bounty chip.  Bounty chips are not "promoted" forward to the next rebuy.  There is an enhancement request on the list to allow either scenario.

As for displaying bounty winners, use the <bountywinners> token.  :)

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 12:06:48 PM »
Thanks for your response, Corey.

I'm going to play with it this afternoon.....