Author Topic: COME AGAIN  (Read 993 times)

Andrew

• View Profile
COME AGAIN
« on: January 26, 2011, 03:13:54 AM »
A while ago I got some help on the forum on how to safe multiple tournaments , so players can see there long term points by saving each game individually. BUT now some safes get over written and i don't know how to restore this information. please give me a step by step guide to make sure this does not happen.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: COME AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:02:36 AM »
Here's what I do, Andrew:

I have a league set up for everyone that plays. I also have seasons set up, because after every 3 or 4 months, we reset the points, as our top ten play for a quarter barrel. In the <DataStore>\data\saves\ folder, I create a folder for the season - we're starting a new season next week, so I've labeled it 'Winter2011'. Then, for each week, I start the program and automatically save it according to the week of the season it is - next week's the first one so I title it 'Week 01'. At the end of the tournament, I save it (not save as, but you could). Then I run the stats. The points for playing for me are based upon a switch that is triggered by the amount of players that play (really complicated looking formula, so I'm not going to post it here).

After that, I go to the Stats tab. I set up a filter, and label it "Winter2011". It's set for league players only (I alternate weeks with someone else, and sometimes we get people who don't want to sign in, or forget to announce a hit, and other guy uses pen and paper.) It's also set for the tournaments labeled with the proper season. Tournament scoring is the same as the points for playing, and for the overall score, I use 'sum(scores)'. Now if we wanted to use only the top 15 or so (as we're usually about 18-20 weeks long), then I'd use top(15, scores)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 10:32:05 AM »
When you create a new tournament, Save it using a unique file name.  If you don't get prompted on whether or not you want to overwrite an existing file, you've picked a unique name.

When you load a previously saved tournament for the purpose of resetting it and running a new tournament (so you don't have to start from scratch in configuring your tournament), always press "Save As..." as soon as you load the tournament and give it a unique file name.

Andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 07:41:30 PM »
Thanks will try and get back to you.