Author Topic: Merge Question  (Read 1097 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Merge Question
« on: July 16, 2010, 09:51:54 PM »
I looked in the help tab for merging players, but I'm under the understanding that that situation is for if you enter a non-DB player and you have a DB player already...  What I have is two DB players when it should really be one.  Both have played in tournaments during the season, but not at the same time.  What would be the proper way to merge the two?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Merge Question
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 10:49:38 AM »
Would think that swapping the name of the one I don't want in for the one I do for the tournaments that person is in would work, but I know that would create some issues as we award points for hits that are done, and if I were to take the one out, someone would lose points for the hits on the guy I dont want.... Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!

Mike
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 10:59:24 AM »

• Make a note of which tournaments either player has played in.  This is your list of tournaments that you will (potentially) need to load, modify, and re-save
  • On the Database tab, delete one of the players.  For this procedure, it doesn't matter which one.  It might matter to you - you might want to delete the one with less accurate personal information, for example
  • One by one, load each tournament from the first step
  • On the Players tab, find the player
  • If the player is listed in italics, then the player is not in your player database.  Therefore, you deleted the database player that this tournament player is associated with.  Double-click the player to edit him.  Press the Merge button.  Find the corresponding database player and select that player.  Press OK, then OK.  Now save the tournament.
  • If the player is not listed in italics, skip this tournament and move on to the next one (the tournament player is already associated with the remaining player in your database)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 11:04:31 AM »
Thank you Corey!
---