Author Topic: TD folders in several directories  (Read 855 times)

Double Eagle

• View Profile
TD folders in several directories
« on: March 02, 2017, 11:48:53 AM »
After buying a new laptop a couple years ago, and re-installing TD, my TD file folders are now in several different locations, many are duplicates.  I would like to fix this and have the folders all in one location.  Some template folders are local and some are on OneDrive.  I don't want any TD folders on OneDrive in case I need to run a tournament somewhere where I don't have WiFi. 

I just checked my Data Stores setting and I see it is pointed to a folder in OneDrive.  If I change this to the local TD folder location and move all the other templates to the local TD directory, will that fix the problem? 

What is the default location when first installing?

Thanks. 

Edit:  I moved a TD folder to C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Tournament Director 2.  I then added that to the Date Store locations.  I clicked on properties set the new folder as default.  Is that all I need to do?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 12:13:19 PM by Double Eagle »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TD folders in several directories
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 01:58:10 PM »
Yep.  Most people don't need multiple Data Stores.  If you've got stuff "all over", I'd just pick a folder - the default is probably best, which is usually C:\Users\<your-windows-login>\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data, but you can use whatever folder you choose - and copy all your stuff from the other folders to that folder.  Then, in the Data Stores dialog, make that Data Store "Active".

Double Eagle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 02:54:25 PM »
Thought I had everything fixed.  I moved everything to the new folder, C:\Users\"MyName"\Documents\The Tournament Director 2.  Then I deleted all the other TD folders for locally and on OneDrive.  I then set the new local TD folder as the active folder in Data Stores.  However, after closing TD and then re-opening, a new OneDrive TD folder was created in c:\Users\"MyName"\OneDrive\Documents\The Tournament Director 2 with only the templates and files installed on a new installation.  In addition, the active directory I created in Data Stores had been deleted and the OneDrive folder was now the active folder.

I think this is how it all got messed up in first place when I tried to fix it once before.

Ugh! I need a drink!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:10:06 PM by Double Eagle »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 06:04:17 PM »
Sounds like OneDrive is trying to force applications to use the "OneDrive" folder.  It might be interesting to see where the TD thinks it is storing information versus where it actually ends up.  Maybe try with OneDrive on and with OneDrive off.