Author Topic: liscenses  (Read 1596 times)

Smokin420s

• View Profile
liscenses
« on: August 04, 2013, 02:13:06 PM »
I may be posting this in the wrong spot by coreeeeeeeeeeyyyyy help???

As you might remember. I am the IT guy in Portland Oregon for all the poker clubs. it appears that all their commercial licenses are shutting down. every club has 4 pcs. sometimes we may use 2 TDD's if a tournnament overlaps or we have a special events.

TD Support Key: 23690P481ACD12AEA286970K1D093913HLCE79A6250

mcfrojd

• View Profile
Re: liscenses
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 02:43:42 PM »
Do the computers have internet connection?
At my club we lack internet, so about once a month i have to connect with a slow mobile hotspot to verify the licence.
No problem as long as I'm around, but thats not always the case :-(

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:25:38 PM »
Probably they are hitting a license limit.  The software, like almost all licensed software, has always had a limit to the number of PCs on which the license key can be installed.  It's listed here: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq3, and in the license.txt file installed with the software, and must be agreed to upon installation of the software.  For the TD software, this limitation has always used "the honor system".  While the vast majority of license holders do honor the license agreement (and it isn't hard - personal licenses are allowed to be installed on up to 3 PCs at a time), there is a small set that have abused it, and pretty severely.  So unfortunately, in that regard, the honor system experiment failed and I had to enable server enforcement.

Email details (license key info and/or email address of person who ordered the license) to support@thetournamentdirector.net and I can look into it.  It could be a number of things but I can't say until I lookup information on the particular license(s) with which you are having trouble.

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 05:11:32 AM »
I encountered the same thing last week after running a full system scan with BitDefender AV. Corey's server log was showing my TD license had run on 11 different PCs, 5 in the past 60 days. I only run the software on my desktop and a laptop in my poker room. Both have been in service for many, many months. I suspect my anti-virus is changing something (machine ID?) and am communicating with them re the problem. Might be something for you to look into. Meanwhile, Corey will get you squared away.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!