Author Topic: Version 3.0 is now available  (Read 30158 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Version 3.0 is now available
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2011, 02:49:26 PM »
did you enter  in the store code where it asked for it? that's the important step of getting it for free since you used the beta.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »
I never the first time as i wasn't sure what it was, so i resubmitted the request with the right details and waiting on a reply now. Not sure if i've messed it up not submitting it right the first time though.

I can't get V2 working with the data i was using on the beta, so at the moment my choice is revert back to V2 and redesign & resubmit all my data or upgrade and pay again....so not happy at the moment but i'll wait to see if Corey gets back to me.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2011, 08:42:09 PM »
He's usually good about that. I know I typed in the store code for the upgrade the first time, and I got a reply back stating it was the wrong code within a couple hours max. Went back in, did a copy/paste, resubmitted, and within another couple hours, I had the key for V3. Can't promise he'll be that quick with you, but he's typically good about doing it within the 24 or 48 hours that it states it should arrive in.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2011, 12:33:05 AM »
Ok i have just found out after trying to run a tournament tonight that my TD no longer works, it says "This BETA version of the software has expired. Please upgrade to the latest version."

First off a warning would have been nice within the program so i wasn't left without all my data & not able to run a tournament tonight. Secondly how do i get the program i paid for 6 months ago to work, because it seems downloading the new version requires yet another licence as my current one doesn't work with this new software. I have no issue with this new software requiring ppl to buy it, if they want to use it but disabling the program i have paid for so we have no choice but to upgrade is a little underhanded.

This was never the intention.  The expiration date was hard-coded into the program with the expectation that it wouldn't expire until at least 3 to 4 months after version 3 was released.  But clearly all I could do at the time was guess as to when I would be done, and clearly I guessed wrong.

As the date drew near, my backup plan was to release beta 6, which would be exactly the same as beta 5 but with an extended expiration date.  I think in your case it probably would not have mattered, as beta 5 still would have expired on you.  To find beta 6 would have meant looking though the forums, which is where I posted that beta testers would get a free license for version 3.

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2011, 05:49:08 AM »
Received a update code from Corey (appreciated) so all is working again now, just in the process of tweaking it to my preferences.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2011, 05:47:18 PM »
Update: here's a new video showing TD3 with paused countdown to a specific time. Hope this helps some, Corey!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV1utRZmlZM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2011, 09:00:44 PM »
Thanks for providing this, Magic_fubu.

Auto-size.  The key to the mystery.  Auto-size automatically pauses the tournament clock, but it doesn't check first to see if it's in a Countdown to a specific time.  That should be easy enough to fix.  In fact, before finishing this post I created a patch and uploaded it.  Try it now and see if it's fixed.  You may have to start the TD, wait 30 to 60 seconds, then exit and start again.  The first time you start it, it should download the patch.  The next time it should apply the patch.  You can check your "patch level" on the Preferences tab by pressing the "System Info" button.  Look for the line "TD Patch Level".  The fix is in patch level 3.  Restart if you're not at patch level 3.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2011, 11:42:08 AM »
Behold.... SUCCESS!!!   LOL

Seems to have worked.... did what I used to do to make it happen, and could not reproduce it.... On the off chance it should, I'll post back.
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »
Excellent.  Many thanks for your help.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2011, 05:22:38 PM »
Many a times I have re-szed my screens in mid-tournament and hadn't realized the clock was paused. I now know it pauses the clock and still forget on occasion and walk away from my machine. A few minutes later somebody realizes the clock is paused and  go running to restart it and try to figure out how much time was lost and if it is worth resetting the clock. Can the auto-pause be removed from the auto-size? I can't see any use or the clock to actually pause when resizing the screen..

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2011, 08:49:34 PM »
The software is attempting to resize everything on the screen in such a way as to make it all fit within the confines of your physical screen size.  If the screen is changing, it makes it a little more difficult.  Pausing the clock doesn't make the screen stop changing (if you've got the time of day displayed, clearly that's going to continue to change), but it stops a lot of the change, making resizing more likely to be successful.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2011, 09:15:28 PM »
Note to self: Quit playing with the damn tournament layout and settings during the tournament and this won't be an issue.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2011, 11:30:32 PM »
Excellent.  Many thanks for your help.

I'm just glad that I had the thought to try to replicate it with V3, even though you said it was fixed.... Again, just glad I'm able to provide some help on here :)
---

ZeroTime

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2011, 06:51:17 AM »
Hi
I just downloaded and installed version 3.
I am currently using version 2.6.b4
Installation went ok.

When I ran the program I got the error message on start up that there was an error reading my preferences file and the program loaded with the standard defaults.
This meant that if I wanted to continue using the program I would have to go through all my tournament set ups and re configure them.

I closed the program and opened version 2.6.b4 and I got the same error.

I have now un-installed version 3 and restored my database in version 2.6.b4
All is now working as it should.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards
Clive

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2011, 06:53:57 AM »
A few minutes later somebody realizes the clock is paused and  go running to restart it and try to figure out how much time was lost and if it is worth resetting the clock. Can the auto-pause be removed from the auto-size? I can't see any use or the clock to actually pause when resizing the screen..
Luckily i have  never had this fault, but  some times I forget to restart the clock. So i created an event so that when the clock is stopped during the game it plays the Buzzer sound, 3 times every 10 seconds