Author Topic: trial time expired on download.  (Read 4205 times)

ChapLips

• View Profile
trial time expired on download.
« on: February 17, 2006, 09:21:18 AM »
I downloaded 2.0, ran it once, and when I tried to run it again (1 minute later) the trial license had expired.

Perhaps this had something to do with it:  I attempted to open both versions at the same time (to compare), but that doesn't work.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: trial time expired on download.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 10:47:19 AM »
Attempting to run the previous version at the same time would have no effect, and as you noted, wouldn't be allowed.  This is because you can run only one instance of the program at the same time, and the two versions have no idea they are necessarily different.

This is very unfortunate, though, because there is no way at present for me to reset the trial period for you.  I may need to build in a way to do this in the future, but for now, I'm very sorry to say, you're out of luck.  If you have access to another computer, you could install and evaluate it there.

zman

• View Profile
Re: trial time expired on download.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 02:03:59 PM »
This happened to me too!  Some time ago I downloaded an older version.  Well it was too difficult and didn't quite fit me needs...this past week some said you had a new version out and was a lot better and easier to set up.  Well I downloaded it last night and it worked fine....however today it says the license expired.  I appears there may be a file that is being used for the license check.