Author Topic: Point formula questions  (Read 1642 times)

flipflop1970

• View Profile
Point formula questions
« on: September 05, 2008, 12:52:49 AM »
ok I use this formula for my points.  round(sqrt(((bc*n)/(r+1)))/r)+(n-r)  based on 20 players the last place finisher gets 0

Now I know I can add +1 to the end of the formula to eliminate that. but instead I would like to roundup.  when I try and use roundup it tells me there is an error in the formula.

Also,  I am running a series of local tournaments.  we get anywhere from 30-70 players.  what do I need to do to keep a running point total for all 20 tournaments?

I am confused where to find this option.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Point formula questions
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 10:32:04 AM »
That's because "roundup" is not a function.  Use "ceil" (ceiling) to round up.  Use "floor" to round down.  Use "round" to round to the nearest (up or down).

You don't need to do anything to get running point totals, other than making sure to save each tournament after they finish.  The Stats tab will tally up player points automatically.  Just press the "Refresh Tourneys" button.

badbeat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 11:30:55 AM »
Just ensure the location you save your tourneys, is listed in the "Tournament file location (for stats)" section, at the bottom of the preferences tab.

flipflop1970

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 01:43:37 PM »
ceil(sqrt(((bc*n)/(r+1)))/r)+(n-r)

would this be it then?

Thanks Corey!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 02:03:10 PM »