Author Topic: Screen Order  (Read 1272 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Screen Order
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:27:27 PM »
Corey, I don't know if this has always been, or if this is something with 2.6.b4, but when I create a new screen, it seeems to be placed in between the others that I've made. With having buttons as part of my layout, it can make it be a bit tedious to reconfigure. So what I'm wondering is how easy/difficult it would be to make it be so that the main screen is '1', and each newly made screen is the next available number instead of being in the middle?

To explain, I started off with just the main screen (screen 1). I eventually made a "pre-tourney" screen (screen 2 initially), and configured that to my liking. Next, I made a screen for the points earned for the tourney in progress. But that became screen two, and pushed my pre-tourney into screen 3. Just now, I made a screen to link with www.poker-leaderboard.com to show up-to-date points entering the tourney, which now became 3 and now pre-tourney is screen 4.

If this doesn't make sense, let me know, and I'll try a different way of explaining.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Screen Order
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:52:27 PM »
Thats the way it been..........It goes buy alphabetical order, if you name your Pre Tourney....A or 1 Pre Tourney it become 1st in line... B or 2 Main its the 2nd one and so..on

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 12:04:02 PM »
Timmer's right, it has always been that way.  And it really shouldn't matter, except for that particular detail you've mentioned: using Hotkeys or <tdbutton> layout tokens to specify a screen by number becomes a hassle if you add new screens and the ordering is changed.

So, it could be solved in two ways I think.  First is to allow Hotkeys and <tdbutton> tokens to specify a screen by name.  Second is to stop alphabetizing the screens and allow the ordering to be manually changed.  Or both.

Any arguments for one or the other?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 12:23:11 PM »
I would think that allowing <tdbutton> to reference a screen by name would be better, in my opinion. At least this way, if I were to add more screens, and this were the case, I wouldn't need to "fix" my buttons :)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!