Author Topic: Launching two tournament simultaneously  (Read 1327 times)

Robbie

• View Profile
Launching two tournament simultaneously
« on: December 05, 2012, 06:31:26 AM »
Dear sir,

I am using the Trial version of the Tournament Director.

Is it possible to launch two simultaneous tournaments on the same PC and thereby projecting the display to two separate monitors?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Best regards,

Robbie.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Launching two tournament simultaneously
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 12:25:44 PM »
No, only one instance of the software can be run at a time.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 06:27:26 PM »
I am in a club where we run many tournaments simultaneously and here's how we do it. We have 3 licenses across 3 computers. They are each hooked up to our monitors. Next you must choose a machine that will host your database. On the other machines you will add the network folder that contains your database to the list of data stores (on the preferences page) and make it active. All machines that have this data store active will be able to access the database and saved tournaments.
There are small issues with this setup but they do have workarounds.
#1- The database is on a "last one wins". Any additions you make to the database will not be saved if another machine writes to the database afterwards.
#2- When names are added to the database from another machine they will only show up on other machines when the data store is switched and then reactivated (there is a 'quick workaround on this coming soon..PS Corey, a hotkey for this?)
#3- Accessing files from a network folder can slow down with excess traffic on your router.

If you would like any other help on this contact me and I will get you going. I have created several systems like this and all work very well.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 06:31:58 PM »
#2- When names are added to the database from another machine they will only show up on other machines when the data store is switched and then reactivated (there is a 'quick workaround on this coming soon..PS Corey, a hotkey for this?)

Yes, a configurable hotkey for "Reload Database" will be in version 3.2.

Robbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 11:32:47 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

I really appreciate it.

I will do some tests and come back.

Best regards,

Robbie.