Author Topic: Displaying Points  (Read 1973 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Displaying Points
« on: October 06, 2011, 04:23:15 AM »
 Suggestion
On the players ranking screen, during a tournament, it shows the points that players have won during the game.
But what i would like to do if possible,  is to display on the players ranking screen the current points for the current season so far and for those points to be entered from previous games into the next / current leg automatically.
For example:-
In season 1 - leg 1 player b won 200 points
In season 1 - leg 2 player b won 400 points.
Player b's  current total is 600 points.

So at the start of leg 3 player b's displayed starting points on the players ranking screen  would be 600 and any points earned in the current leg,  would be added together to give a running score for the season

I know that you can adjust the players points from within the players tab. But to do this for every player 1 at a time would be time consuming,  could it be possible to implement this in a future update.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 06:06:15 AM by Mahound »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Displaying Points
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 10:44:26 AM »
I do have on my to-do list an entry for adding a "Stats" built-in screen.  But I really thought of it as simply a reproduction of what is displayed on the Stats tab.  What you're talking about is really an entirely different view into the data.  I'll have to give it some thought.

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 12:11:54 PM »
I do have on my to-do list an entry for adding a "Stats" built-in screen.  But I really thought of it as simply a reproduction of what is displayed on the Stats tab.  What you're talking about is really an entirely different view into the data.  I'll have to give it some thought.

This came about through because  someone was asking
what the present scores were
what points they would need to get to win the league
who had to be knocked out, so that they would benefit

I didn't think that this would be an easy thing for you to implement and that it would require a lot of work

As an Alternative. Would there be anyway of exporting a running tournament "player points scores" into an open spreadsheet and updating a league that way

Cheers Corey, Keep up the good work

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:28:10 PM by Mahound »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »
As an Alternative. Would there be anyway of exporting a running tournament "player points scores" into an open spreadsheet and updating a league that way

You can always export data from the Players tab.  But points aren't necessarily calculated until a player busts-out.  And it wouldn't include "scores", since those are calculated on the Stats tab.

But to your first point, I could see another View on the Stats tab that displayed cumulative points and/or scores.

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 04:41:35 AM »
Thanks Corey

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 02:07:24 PM »
I'D go for that.   Right now, We do it the old fashion way, its edit to the player name like ( TIMMER #1207 ) so anytime you see your name. Points from the last game shows up. Then they just add up what they received for that game.They know there total before they leave. And we have no more than 4 tables. So not to hard. But a token for <points> in the Event, Action,Display message would do for now for points for that game. for us anyways. TIMMER