Author Topic: Prizes Tab suggestions  (Read 2602 times)

IBuyCars

• View Profile
Prizes Tab suggestions
« on: March 02, 2013, 02:43:34 PM »
Hi Corey I’ve got a couple suggestions / wants for the next or a later version of TD

Prizes Tab = Put in a “Display All Prizes” / “Display No Prizes” switch, button or option
Many of the tournaments we hold at our club have multiple (3) levels of Buy-in and consequently the same number of prize-pools, although they’re not commonplace now, I see that more and more venues around the UK are starting to adopt the “Multi Level Entry” / “Multi Prize Pool” tournament idea, I guess that most of us who run these type of tournaments calculate the prizes manually and create a list of manual prize in TD to display to the players.

A feature that I would like to see would be the ability to insert a line which could contain a header for each prize-pool (see attached graphic), it would also be great if the header/s could replace the static word “Prizes” in the excellent (Stuart Murray) Abstract layout.

PS Sorry more Multi Level suggestions to follow in a few days

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Prizes Tab suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 11:51:03 AM »
Hi Corey I’ve got a couple suggestions / wants for the next or a later version of TD

Prizes Tab = Put in a “Display All Prizes” / “Display No Prizes” switch, button or option
Many of the tournaments we hold at our club have multiple (3) levels of Buy-in and consequently the same number of prize-pools, although they’re not commonplace now, I see that more and more venues around the UK are starting to adopt the “Multi Level Entry” / “Multi Prize Pool” tournament idea, I guess that most of us who run these type of tournaments calculate the prizes manually and create a list of manual prize in TD to display to the players.

A feature that I would like to see would be the ability to insert a line which could contain a header for each prize-pool (see attached graphic), it would also be great if the header/s could replace the static word “Prizes” in the excellent (Stuart Murray) Abstract layout.

PS Sorry more Multi Level suggestions to follow in a few days

Shouldn't be too hard to make a "global" option to show/hide prizes.  Or are you suggesting that we have multiple sets of prizes, each with their own way to show/hide?

IBuyCars

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 04:33:16 PM »
Thats not what I was suggesting although that would be a very nice addition.

What i would like is the ability to insert a line which would allow me to place a header as per the graphic above.

I've just started using the the excellent (Stuart Murray) Abstract layout, and the prizes rotate, I have 3 seperate prize pools for many of our tournaments, so the header row could state which prize pool was being displayed. if you look at the file i sent you last week with the (0.01) prizes issue using the above mentioned layout I think it will be clear what I would like to acheive.

Regards

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:10:43 AM »
So, are you just looking for a separator?  Something that just adds a separator (with text) but doesn't have any actual functionality?

IBuyCars

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 10:51:33 AM »
yes, i will want to be able to display the text as if it were a prize

Thanks for looking at this