Author Topic: How to sort Stats Export  (Read 1678 times)

PPPanimal

• View Profile
How to sort Stats Export
« on: February 18, 2007, 10:28:25 PM »
Hi.  Likely a dumb Question, but i can't figure it out for the life of me.

I have exported many stat reports in the past for each game we have had.  Everyone came out sorted the same way the stats were sorted in the stats tab, by score.  However, now everyone i export is sorted by name.  How did/do i change this? 

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: How to sort Stats Export
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 08:11:24 AM »
Go to the stats page and show your stats, then click on the column header that you want the stats sorted by (points, total winnings, whatever).  Click once on the column header and it will sort by that column in one direction (lowest to highest); click on the column header again to switch the direction of the sort.

PPPanimal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 10:45:35 AM »
Ya, i do that.  I have it sorted by Score right now.  But when i export these stats to a HTML file, they are sorted by name, not score.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 01:11:28 PM »
The exported data will be sorted by the same field that is used to sort them on the screen.  If they are reverse sorted by Points value, when you export them they will also be reverse sorted by Points value.

PPPanimal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 11:54:23 PM »
Well i figured it out.  I pulled another newbie move and had over wrote my STATSEXPORT.HTML template file when i exported my stats a while back.  I found an original one, replaced it, and all is fine now. 

Sure this was a gumby move, but maybe TD should not allow a template file to be overwriten or atleast give an error when you try to export and it sees that this file is messed up.  That way i would of known what had happened and where the problem was.  Again, just my 2 cents worth.  I would think that rather than HTML for an extention, maybe TPL would be better, and have TD refuse to export or save to a file with a TPL extention.

Oh well, for me, its another leason learned.  I bet you just love having idiot users like me eh?  lol.  One thing is for sure, i can teach you have to idiot proof your software.  lmao.