Poll

Tournament Entry fees

0 (0%)
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Entry Fee / Per Player Rake  (Read 2108 times)

IBuyCars

• View Profile
Entry Fee / Per Player Rake
« on: July 31, 2007, 02:11:49 AM »
I seem to have a small probem which perhaps you are able to help me with.

I run a poker club and am entering all the tournament and players information from the previous 2 yeas into your program, before I get to far into this task i need to ask a question, probably 1 of many that will crop up over the next week or two.

I charge a entry fee for each player who joins the tournament, this is in addition to a 5% rake of the total prize pool. I have entered the entry fee ammount in the "Per-Player rake" box which seems to be the natural place for it, but on the summary screen the entry fee is deducted from the prize money as "Buy-ins Rake",

Is there a way to charge an entry fee which is not added to the the rake deducted from the prize money?

many thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Entry Fee / Per Player Rake
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 11:32:16 AM »
If you are "raking", it has to be taken away from the prize pool.  I do not see how it could possibly be any other way.

Maybe it is just the way you are looking at it.  The the buy-in for your tournament is $50, and you charge a $5 fee to each player, then you should set the Buy-in to $55, and set the Per-Player Rake to be $5.  That way $50 goes into the prize money, and $5 goes towards your fee.

IBuyCars

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 12:41:33 PM »
I understand what you are saying, if i make the buyin for example £55 and the per player rake £5, the 5% the system takes is 5% of the £55 and not 5% of the £50.

The entry fee is a registration fee for the tournament and not a rake as such. the really simple solution is to not show it on the system at all but thats to easy. but its a nice figure to show on the players total spent in the stats

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 03:24:59 PM »
Not exactly.

The Per-Player Rake is taken out of the buy-in immediately, before any of it reaches the prize pool, so to speak.  Then the Fixed Rake, on the other hand, is taken from the prize pool.

If you set the Buy-in to 55, and the Per-Player Rake to 5, and the Fixed Rake to 5%, then for each player that buys-in, 50 goes to the prize pool, and 5 goes to the rake.  That 5 that goes to the rake never goes to the prize pool, so the 5% for the Fixed Rake will be from the prize pool (or the 50 from each player).

If you have 100 players, you'll have 5000 in the prize pool initially, and 500 raked from the Per Player rake.  The Fixed Rake will then calculate 5% of 5000 (the prize pool), which will be 250.  You'll end up with:

Original prize pool: 5000 (50 X 100)
Per-Player Rake: 500 (5 X 100)
Fixed Rake: 250 (5000 X .05)
Final Prize pool: 4750 (5000 - 250)

I think you've discovered a bug - but I'll need to go back and review this before deciding.  It looks like the Fixed Rake, when set to a %, would calculate the fixed rake based on the total Take In (which is 5500, or 100 X 55).  I don't think this is correct, since it would be raking the prize pool PLUS the per-player rake.  Fixed rake was always supposed to come straight from the prize pool.  It's a little difficult for me to tell what exactly is going on since I'm right in the middle of developing other features and lots of stuff is "broken" at the moment...

IBuyCars

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 01:45:42 AM »
Thank you for your trouble, i thought i was going crazy trying to grt it right. i await your response