Author Topic: question about awarding points  (Read 1064 times)

JSAL

• View Profile
question about awarding points
« on: March 18, 2015, 05:20:54 PM »

Hello TTD!

Recently I have used your wonderful program, good job!

I have the next question: is there a method or procedure to add the points each player has?

(See the attached picture)

Using the picture example:
Player named Sally played two different days, each day she made points in accordance to her Rank on that day (n-r+1). I need to find the way to add up the points the same named player makes.

Thanks,

JSAL

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: question about awarding points
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 08:56:05 PM »
The point of the database (part of the point, anyway), is to coordinate players across tournaments.  By creating a player once in the database, the same player can be added to different tournaments.  Then, the software can compute statistics over those tournaments and it doesn't have to guess if "Sally" in tournament A is the same "Sally" that is in tournament B.  In your case, you have two different Sally's with the same name in the player database.  So, the software considers them two different people.

Here are steps for merging the two: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq22

JSAL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 12:00:24 PM »

thanks for the answer!

I have another question...

I use Basic formula (n-r+1) but...

I need formula that gives points depending on how many players were in that exact moment someone gets busted and not in the entire tournament.

I hope m making sense C:

thx a lot for your help
regards

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 12:50:10 PM »
A player's rank is determined by how many players are still in the tournament when busted.  Got 10th place?  That's because 9 other players still remained in the tournament.