Author Topic: Stats profiles  (Read 829 times)

Silver Owl

• View Profile
Stats profiles
« on: September 10, 2016, 10:14:53 AM »
Are stats profiles saved when you do a backup? If so where are these profiles located? I did a backup and when I did a restore the stats profiles did not restore.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stats profiles
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 06:16:08 PM »
Stats profiles are stored in your preferences, so they are part of your backup if you opt to include preferences in your backup.

In versions before 3.3, the preferences file was backed up (if opted), but upon restore it wasn't placed back into the correct location.  So basically everything else was restored except preferences.  In version 3.3, this was fixed, so if you included preferences in your backup, a restore should restore preferences (it was also fixed in patches to version 3.1 and 3.2).

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 07:08:47 AM »
I'm not sure why it didn't restore correctly. I was using 3.3, did a backup, went to ver. 3.4b, went back to ver. 3.3, did a restore and lost my stats profiles and had to reset all of my preferences from the preferences tab.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 06:40:59 PM »
The backup file is just a zip file, and you can open it with WinZip or 7-Zip.  Open it and see if it has a file named "prefs.sav".  If so, you can manually extract it and copy it to the appropriate location and get hopefully get your preferences back.

Make sure the TD isn't running.  Then extract the file and copy it to the folder "The Tournament Director 2" in your Documents folder.  Usually it's C:\Users\<your-Windows-login>\Documents\The Tournament Director .  There should be a copy there already.  Just overwrite it (unless you want to rename it instead to keep a copy of your current preferences, just in case).