Author Topic: HORSE or mixed game template  (Read 6030 times)

thegooser

• View Profile
HORSE or mixed game template
« on: January 29, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
Does anyone have a horse or mixed game template that they could upload?

I could make one but would be nicer to just edit one if someone has got one allready.

jeff b

• View Profile
Re: HORSE or mixed game template
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 09:22:33 AM »
Does anyone have a horse or mixed game template that they could upload?

I could make one but would be nicer to just edit one if someone has got one allready.
A screen layout or a blinds/antes/limits template? I can upload one or both later, I'm not at home at the moment.

The structure we used for our HORSE tourneys is a little different than the standard game. We mix in some NLHE and PLO (high only), and we skipped either Razz or Stud/8 every other rotation. The first rotation is straight Limit HORSE, but after that it essentially alternates between HORS and HOSE, with either Limit Hold 'em and PLO, or NLHE and Limit Omaha/8.

Obviously you can edit it to suit your preferences, but it's a good starting point.

thegooser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 12:38:56 PM »
Yeah sounds good.

If you could upload all the files that would be great

jeff b

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 07:39:59 AM »
Sorry, I've been meaning to get this posted for a while now. Just a couple of notes... it probably seems strange that the rounds in the first rotation were 24 minutes and the rest were 30, but that was the only one where we did all five games, so it ended up with each rotation being two hours long.

For the stud rounds, the bring-in and completion are the small and big blinds. The structure for the stud rounds is 1:2:5:10, meaning the bring-in is 2x the ante, the completion/early bet is 5x the ante, and the late bet is 10x the ante. In a few cases it's off by a bit because of chips having been removed. Also, you would need $10 chips for this structure, at least for the stud games in the first rotation.

Anyway, this was our 3rd try with a quasi-HORSE mixed game tournament, and this was the best by far. I don't intend to change a thing for next time. Although I think that the WSOP $50K HORSE event will always have the most prestige because of the Chip Reese trophy, I really don't think it's really the "all-around" test they make it out to be. When you consider the extra betting rounds, more than 2/3 of the play is in one of the stud variants. I really think the 8-game Mixed Game, with NL, PL and even draw poker is more of an all-around test. Just MHO.

jzallen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 07:45:34 PM »
when i use this it just a blank white screen. what am i doing wrong?

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 01:31:10 PM »
when i use this it just a blank white screen. what am i doing wrong?
Click.. Layout Tab.... then click Properties....uncheck Override all Backgrounds colors & uncheck Override All Borders....The ones with the Backgrounds on them
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:33:26 PM by TIMMER »

jzallen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 02:59:07 PM »
Thanks! Worked like a charm