Author Topic: Blind Announcements  (Read 3041 times)

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Blind Announcements
« on: May 11, 2010, 09:12:14 AM »
Hi Corey,

A thought:

Would it be possible to attribute blind announcements for each level on one event, with a target directing TD to which sound to announce for which level,

for example a new level starts at 100-200 this would then target the event to play the resultant 100-200 soundfile, or a break starts this would target it to play a break announcement, or is this a massive undertaking, I have TD programmed to announce each new level with an MP3 stating the new level, but obviously as soon as levels are changed or breaks It is quite a sizeable undertaking to adjust all the events to suit the structure.

Stuart
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Announcements
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:42:08 AM »
Not possible in the way I am guessing you were thinking, but there is a way to do it.

Create an Event that triggers at the start of a level.  No conditions are needed.  Add Actions to the Event that play sounds announcing the levels, such that the first Action plays a sound that announces the level 1, the 2nd Action plays a sound announcing level 2, etc.  Press the Action Settings button and under the Sounds section, select "Play the next sound in order".

That's it.  When the first level starts, the Event should be triggered, and the first sound should play.  The next time the Event is triggered should be the start of level 2, and the 2nd sound should play.  Etc.

If you only want announcements at the start of Rounds (and not Breaks), then you would want to add the conditions "isRound", so that the Event is not triggered at the start of Breaks.

The only trick is that any disruption of the normal flow of rounds would cause the tournament and the Event to get out of sync, so to speak.  But that can always be fixed by simply checking or unchecking the "Performed" checkbox next to the appropriate Actions on this Event.  For example, assume during round 2 of your tournament things were just moving too slowly and everyone agreed to jump ahead to round 4.  Once round 4 is over and round 5 starts, only the 1st and 2nd actions would have been performed (the manual jump to round 4 would not have triggered an event, I believe).  So the Event would get triggered at the start of round 5, but it would play the 3rd Action, announcing round 3 blinds.  To prevent this, when you jump to round 4 edit the Event and check the Performed box next to Actions 3 and 4 .

Hope that's clear.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 01:03:31 PM »
crystal clear!

That was how I set it up initially when I started having blind announcements, but it does get mixed up so I then changed to individual events for each level, which keeps everything smooth.

Not a big hassle but merely an interest!

Cheers Corey

Stuart
Stuart Murray

rdcope

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 12:25:48 PM »
Hi Corey,

A thought:

Would it be possible to attribute blind announcements for each level on one event, with a target directing TD to which sound to announce for which level,

for example a new level starts at 100-200 this would then target the event to play the resultant 100-200 soundfile, or a break starts this would target it to play a break announcement, or is this a massive undertaking, I have TD programmed to announce each new level with an MP3 stating the new level, but obviously as soon as levels are changed or breaks It is quite a sizeable undertaking to adjust all the events to suit the structure.

Stuart
I got my blind announcements to work fine with round 1 blinds being announced with the tournament start, it works fine up until my first break and I can't get it to trigger what condition do I need...my level wma.s fire at level start

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 06:07:27 PM »
If you are using the trigger a level starts you can use the following conditions with 2.6b2 or higher:

(isRound) and (state = 2) and (smallBlind = 100) and (bigBlind = 200)
or if you are using 2.5.11 or below:
(isRound) and (state = 2) and (roundNum = 3) etc (note you will need to program which roundnumber to play which sound file whereas with 2.6b2 you can simply tell it to play the soundfile which correlates with the current blind level, so changes to your structure won't mean having to change the events schedule.

for the start of breaks use the following conditions:

Trigger : A Level Starts
Conditions : (not isRound) and (state = 2)

If you need 2.6b2 it's here:
http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/TournamentDirector26b2.exe

note once you move over it will be hard to move back down (although you probably won't want to anyway!)

You might also benefit from reading this thread:
http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=1815.15

Regards
Stuart
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:11:39 PM by stuamurr »
Stuart Murray

FourAcesPoker

• Big Slick "The Hitman"
    • View Profile
    • Four Aces Poker
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 08:33:18 AM »
An easier way that works for me: I use the "Level End" event. I put all of my sound files in order and when the first level ends, the next blinds level file is played, and so on. For the first level, I play a welcome message that ends with the opening blinds level ("tournament start" event).
Big Slick "The Hitman"
Certified Tournament Director
Tournament Directors Association
Four Aces Poker
"Can you beat Four Aces?"

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 08:48:21 PM »
yeh thats ok as long as your structure doesn't change.  Ive got it all programmed in now, when a new level starts it matches the soundfile to the level and then at 10 seconds in it plays the ante level if applicable.

It's all good, looking forward to 2.6b3 so i can use elapsedSeconds instead of having to have different events saves for different structure durations, but definately easier than firing sounds that are only level dependant,as it means structures can be changed during the tourney without having to alter the events.

Stu
Stuart Murray