Main > Beta Testing

3.4 beta 2

<< < (2/13) > >>

Seitz333:
Everything went good last night, other than the black dialog screen/TD freezing. This usually happens about 2hrs into the tourney, last night it happened about 30min in (only once). Usually I can just exit TD and restart, last night I had to CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up Task Manager to close TD, then restart TD.

Chuck

Corey Cooper:

--- Quote from: Seitz333 on April 20, 2016, 01:15:21 PM ---Everything went good last night, other than the black dialog screen/TD freezing. This usually happens about 2hrs into the tourney, last night it happened about 30min in (only once). Usually I can just exit TD and restart, last night I had to CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up Task Manager to close TD, then restart TD.

Chuck

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the update!  Wish I could explain the black screens.  More incentive to get away from IE.

RichieD:
Hi Corey,

Well.. I finally decided to try the beta...

All seemed good right up until TD froze..  :(

The point at which everything just froze was when the "Suggest Player Movement" dialog appeared, the mouse pointer continually changed icon from busy to arrow etc., no dialog buttons were active and the TD application became unresponsive (timer stopped etc) - the only escape was to use task manager and zap the TD process.. then restart and "rebuild" the last state of the tournament  :-X

TD is normally so very reliable.. in the 4 years or so that I've used it, this is the FIRST time it has let me down.

My TD system, is a virtual machine (VMWARE) running Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) with all Microsoft patches up to 23/04/2016.

My observations on v3.4 beta 2:
1) the mouse does seem to change more frequently between pointer and the busy icon and it seems the TD application is "busier" than in previous versions.
2) keyboard actions are occasionally ignored and it sometimes needs a couple of attempts to get things to work (I'm used to typing ahead when buying in players etc.. I can't do this now as I have to wait for dialogs to render and display etc).

Let me know it there's anything evidential I can provide you.. otherwise i'll be returning to v3.3 !! 

mcfrojd:
I run a small tournament today, with no problems.
Will run a bitter one on Thursday, will have more to report then.

Corey Cooper:

--- Quote from: RichieD on April 24, 2016, 05:22:57 PM ---Hi Corey,

Well.. I finally decided to try the beta...

All seemed good right up until TD froze..  :(

The point at which everything just froze was when the "Suggest Player Movement" dialog appeared, the mouse pointer continually changed icon from busy to arrow etc., no dialog buttons were active and the TD application became unresponsive (timer stopped etc) - the only escape was to use task manager and zap the TD process.. then restart and "rebuild" the last state of the tournament  :-X

TD is normally so very reliable.. in the 4 years or so that I've used it, this is the FIRST time it has let me down.

My TD system, is a virtual machine (VMWARE) running Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) with all Microsoft patches up to 23/04/2016.

My observations on v3.4 beta 2:
1) the mouse does seem to change more frequently between pointer and the busy icon and it seems the TD application is "busier" than in previous versions.
2) keyboard actions are occasionally ignored and it sometimes needs a couple of attempts to get things to work (I'm used to typing ahead when buying in players etc.. I can't do this now as I have to wait for dialogs to render and display etc).

Let me know it there's anything evidential I can provide you.. otherwise i'll be returning to v3.3 !! 

--- End quote ---

Wish I knew what was causing this.  I would be very interested to know if moving back to 3.3 definitively fixed it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version