Author Topic: filter options greyed out  (Read 1187 times)

rug07

• View Profile
filter options greyed out
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:38:02 AM »

Just run my 5th tournament of the season, but the first since the new upgrade.  Now The players  Page wont show the points awarded for the tournament and in the stats page i cant filter a for this season as  the season and league is greyed out.

Please help

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: filter options greyed out
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 11:16:33 AM »
Probably your preferences were reset.  I don't know why you aren't seeing "Points" in the columns on the Players tab, because it is there by default, but just press the "Columns" button and add it if you aren't seeing it.

For the filters, there is a filter that you get by default named (appropriately enough) "Default".  You can't change this filter.  You need to create your own.  Press the "New" button.

The upgrade should have "migrated" your preferences from the TD install folder to your "My Documents\The Tournament Director 2" folder (or "Documents\The Tournament Director 2" on Vista).  You could try copying the "prefs.fs" file from the install folder (usually "C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2") to the "My Documents\The Tournament Director 2" folder.  Make sure the TD is not running when you do this.  And if you are using Vista, when you explore the install folder "C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2", you may need to press the "Compatibility Files" button to see the "prefs.fs" file.

rug07

• View Profile
Re: filter options greyed out
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 07:38:58 PM »
Thanks for your help. The points column was there but had been moved so it was lower down in the order, so was not seen in the window.

I needed to create a new Filter Name which then "un-greyed" the Filter properties I had set up previously. But I needed to set up my Filter Formulas again.

Seems the update "reset" a few things.