Author Topic: Prize Calculation  (Read 1903 times)

wonnmeister

• View Profile
Prize Calculation
« on: March 20, 2009, 02:55:15 PM »
In my league, we pay 1st-50%, 2nd-30%, and 3rd-20%.  Plus, all re-buys and add-ons go to 1st place.  What's the formula to have this correctly display in the Prize section.  Thanks in advance.

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
Re: Prize Calculation
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 09:15:44 PM »
that's very top heavy.. how many players do you normaly have.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

NutterzUK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:04:58 AM »
Looks like that's for a normal 10 seat SNG.
Anyway, to change your prize calculation you don't need a forumula. I don't have the program with me at the moment but I believe there is a tab names "Prizes"

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 03:37:29 PM »
Looks like that's for a normal 10 seat SNG.

With R&A usually totalling more than the entries, 1st would end up with around 75%+ of the total pool. Top heavy IMO.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

wonnmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 07:55:34 PM »
We have 10 players max (that's all my table will sit) and it's straight hold-em till we have a winner.  We allow one rebuy or addon per player and usually have 6 to 8 players rebuy/addon.  So, with a $25 buyin and $25 rebuy/addons, 1st takes home over $300.  2nd gets $75 and 3rd gets $50.  That's what most of the players agreed on.  We feel like winning should be highly rewarded.  This allows 1 person to walk away with a good chunk of change and a couple of others to get their money back.  Works for us.

Anyways, I want the proper Prize amount to display on the screen.  How do I set it to add all rebuys/addons to 1st place's winning?

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 11:58:26 PM »
Not certain that there is a formula for this, although if there is, I'm certain Corey can come up with it.

In the meantime, I think I have an answer for you, although it would involve a few steps:

1.  Configure your prizes as you have described, using the percentages in your example (1st: 50%; 2nd: 30%; 3rd: 20%).
2.  After buying in all of the players for the tournament and just before you start, go back to the prizes tab and change 2nd and 3rd place to a fixed amount awarded, and make it equal to the monetary value for that position (re: $75 for 2nd, $50 for 3rd).  Also, now change 1st place's percentage to "100%", and the rest of the prize money will be allocated here.

From this point forward, all rebuys and add ons will go to 1st place, while 2nd and 3rd will be the fixed amount.

Kind of a roundabout way of going about it, but it works.  Hope this helps.

wonnmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 09:10:25 AM »
That's slick Scotty K.  I think that just might work.  Thanks for the reply!