Author Topic: Double knock out.  (Read 2901 times)

sass

• View Profile
Double knock out.
« on: April 03, 2009, 09:41:25 AM »
Looking for opinions.

If a guy busts out 2 players at the same time should the guy busted out with the most chips finish in a better position or should they both finish at the same position.  I've noticed that if I bust out the 2 players at the same time they finish with the same points essentially finishing as a tie.  From what I can tell TD does not currently allow you to pick who should have the better finishing position in the double knock out situation.  The only way I can see to do this is to bust a player out one at a time (which isn't a big deal).

Any opinions as to which is better?  Double knock out equals tie or double knock out equals best chip leader finishing higher.

Thanks
Sass

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
Re: Double knock out.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 10:49:54 AM »
The player with most chips at the start of the hand finishes higher. no question.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 11:08:07 AM »
Agreed.  And in this case, the correct procedure is to bust them out separately.  Busting out at the same time is strictly for chopping.

Radium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 02:54:23 AM »
What if their  chip stacks were the same size?

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 03:29:46 AM »
lowest score for both then.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

hemi 06

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 10:01:21 AM »
If they have the same amount of chips, then they tie. If they are out of the $$, then it is no big deal. If 4 people get paid, and there are 4 people left and they both bust at the same time, with the same amount of chips : Add the $$ and points together for 3rd and 4th, and then split.