Author Topic: Macros & Custom Buttons  (Read 2582 times)

TheCOG

Macros & Custom Buttons
« on: November 29, 2006, 04:43:50 PM »
Two more suggestions for TD2:

1.  More commands available for buttons:

-- As an example, I have a custom seating chart (so I can keep the basic look/format as the rest of my screens), and when someone else starts the tourney, it would be nice to have a button on the bottom of the screen that person can click for the seating chart, rather than having to tell him/her it is the third screen.

-- Starting the countdown seems to require going to the main tourney setup screen, unless I'm missing a command or button somewhere.

2.  The ability to set up macros, or at least link the execution of several commands at once, without requiring user intervention.  For instance, to start a tourney you could configure a button or hotkey (preferably a button) which would (1) seat the players, (2) click accept players, (3) start a 4-minute countdown for the tourney to begin, and (4) display a specific screen, such as the seating screen.

Thanks, Carl.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Macros & Custom Buttons
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 11:52:07 AM »
Configuring a countdown does require visiting the Settings screen.  Starting the countdown does not.  Just press the Spacebar.

Adding a new <tdbutton> 'type' that goes to the Seating Chart or Rankings page is easy, and seems pretty logical to me.  I'll add that to the to-do list.

Macros sound great, but also could end up being pretty complex.  I'll take it under advisement... :)

TheCOG

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 06:41:34 PM »
Great - thanks, Corey.  Just a clarification on allowing buttons to jump to a screen - hoping for any screen which has been configured, not just the built-in default tourney or seating screens (so instead of hitting "2" to go to a screen which also has my seating chart on it, a button can accomplish the same thing).

Cheers, Carl.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 10:42:07 AM »
Good point - that hadn't occurred to me.