Author Topic: Question In Regards To Saving Tournament Information  (Read 1601 times)

Viper

• View Profile
Question In Regards To Saving Tournament Information
« on: November 27, 2010, 12:58:33 PM »
Let’s say I run a tournament that last 6 hours and the tournament has completed. Does the software automatically save all information that was collected throughout the tournament, Bust Outs, Re-buys, Add-on, etc.? The reason I ask is I ran a tournament a few weeks ago and when I went to retrieve the info. I had nothing to retrieve.

Under STATS I have 5 tournaments showing that are incomplete due to my testing. Can these be deleted? I want to simulate a tournament and collect the info. to check it out...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:02:41 PM by Viper »

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Question In Regards To Saving Tournament Information
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 02:51:44 PM »
As long as you save as   SW-game-1  and  SW-game-2 ect  or what ever     I go by the dates   And on the delete yes I do it all the time as long as you dont need them
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:53:43 PM by TIMMER »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 10:58:49 AM »
When you save a tournament, the software saves everything about that tournament.  If you save a tournament, exit the TD software, turn your PC off, turn your PC back on, start the TD, then load the tournament, you should be at the same point as where you saved.  Nothing should be different, except for time of day.

The TD doesn't automatically save anything.  You have to save, or tell the software to automatically save.  That's why it puts that red warning on the Settings dialog: to tell you to turn Auto Save on so you don't accidentally lose anything.  (There are a few reasons why the software doesn't automatically save by itself - hopefully they'll be resolved as Microsoft gets better and better with its Javascript engine.)

As Timmer mentioned, you need to save each tournament as its own file.  Don't overwrite your previously saved file or else you'll lose the data in the previously saved file.

If you have a bunch of test tournament files you can certainly delete them.  But they don't hurt anything.  Any tournament that is Incomplete is ignored for Stats.  Better than deleting them, move the files somewhere so that (a) the Stats tab doesn't waste time trying to load them and (b) you still have them should you discover one wasn't the incomplete test file you thought it was.

jkolb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 04:27:20 PM »
The way I have my Events/Start of New Level setup. I'm using the Voice for each blind level, breaks, etc. I have the Auto Setup to Save. Example this is what happens if the computer shuts down at the 100-200, with 15 minutes left on the timer. When I restarted the software I would see the 100-200, with 15 minutes left with the timer Paused but my Events/Start of New Level would be back to the start of 25-50. The Voice parts never saves where I left off.