Author Topic: Multiple computers  (Read 1883 times)

cerberus

• View Profile
Multiple computers
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:32:01 PM »
I'm running tournaments in my card room using 3.2.1. It's working well for us but we usually end up with a bottleneck when buying players in before a tournament. My hypothetical solution would be to install TD in my cash cage and connect it to the db in the card room. This should allow the cage to buy in players as well as the card room. Is this possible? Is there a better way to do it?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Multiple computers
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 09:19:32 PM »
Possible, maybe. Will it work the way you intend? No.

One suggestion to allow the cage to assist: have them buy in your players, but not seat them (as they will not know what seats have been taken by your registrants). If possible, have the cage print a receipt. Once buy ins are complete, or upon request, have them export the players to a file or even print it off, and send it to you.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 12:00:03 PM »
won't work the way you intend, the best option would be to have the cage running TD also as a seperate concern, then once complete you can export the entries from the cage and import onto the cardroom computer before you do the seating draw.
Stuart Murray

IBuyCars

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 09:24:29 AM »
I have tried Stuart Murrays solution
won't work the way you intend, the best option would be to have the cage running TD also as a seperate concern, then once complete you can export the entries from the cage and import onto the cardroom computer before you do the seating draw.

But can only import the players names, this would be great if it could import the status (Bought In) and the other fields of my choosing, perhaps there's something I've missed

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »
providing it's a fixed fee event (ie everyone is buying in for the same amount and the same chipstack) you can do as described, import the players and then buy them all in on the cardroom system (would need to turn off receipts before you did though!), then do your seating draw once you have closed reg.  It's not a perfect solution by any means, but will give you two reg computers for the same tournament.

In my eyes it's one of the two things that are lacking on TD compared to other systems in use: Multi Flight and Multi Tournament capabilities, but then the price is reflective of this and TD makes up for it in most other ways.
Stuart Murray

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 12:23:06 PM »
You might be able to do this with SkyDrive.

Save your Tournament Director files to Skydrive.

Create your event file, save to skydrive. Open the SAME FILE on both computers.

I don't know if this will work though since there is no way that I know of to refresh the open file.