Author Topic: Buying the Software  (Read 7102 times)

fiveonomo

• View Profile
Re: Buying the Software
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 09:10:28 AM »
I took my computer down to the shop yesterday, it has needed some upkeep for some time.  I am sure this will help the program run better.  I did print off the help section, all 108 pages of it, and that has helped.  I am reading it from front to back, I have to say I think this is an awesome program.  I play with a group of guys that I have been playing with for years, we are forever forgetting our time to change blinds, what they are, etc...... mixed up or we forget to do it.  Our next game is on the 10th of January and I want to have it up and running by then, I am sure I will.

Thanks for the help with the saving of the info.  I am hoping to hear something on my computer by Monday.  Once I get it back I can start learning again.  It has so many features, I would like to add my own picture and maybe a banner.  Thanks again Phaze, I will keep you posted.  Scott.

fiveonomo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 06:37:27 PM »
Hey guys, I just got my computer back from the shop.  I spent some $$$ but wow, what a difference.  I am going to try to learn the TD now, the computer is acting right so I should be OK.  I have many questions that I am trying to answer myself, like can I put a custom picture of something on the tournament screen?  Can I set up a game for the furure and save it even though I do not have all of the information?  I printed off the help tab and I am using that to step through this.  I am pretty excoted about using this for our first tournament in 2009.  Scott.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 08:43:05 PM »
Yes you can put a custom picture for any screen backgrounds... look for background button and insert your own... as well as you can layer pictures on top. ie your logo, advertisements etc.

Yes you can set up a game and save it, then on the day you are to play, just load it back up and your on your way. Also along these lines, if you find that your games are always the same set up you can set it up once, save it and call it a template then you just load your template, re-save it as a different name (I use the day's date) and you don't have to constantly remake your whole tournament...  there is also a feature that does that for you, but I haven't really used it as my way works for me... maybe somebody else can point out how it is done

fiveonomo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 08:57:31 PM »
Thanks Phaze!

badbeat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 12:37:42 AM »
If you're always going to use the same game structure and want to set it up, so that all you need to do is add players, look at this post for instructions: http://thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=1284.msg6148#msg6148

fiveonomo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 03:59:57 PM »
Thanks for the help badbeat.