Author Topic: Displaying Prizes  (Read 5990 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Displaying Prizes
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 06:32:10 PM »
My computer(s) are only about 3 months old, and even at that, when I reloaded the tournament a few days later, the issue disappeared

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »
I reloaded the completed tournament this afternoon and watched the prizes display properly without any hiccups.
Out of curiosity, would the option to suppress the screen saver cause the token to reset? It doesn't seem to be on right now, but it might have been on when I experienced this.

This is a great observation, but I've just tried this with a few configurations of the screen saver and the screen saver suppressor and the prizes rotated normally.  In other words, either of these "kicking in" had no effect on the rotation.

Also, based on the discussion it sounds like hardware isn't an issue.  I was alluding to hardware in my earlier post, but also to the issue that some users see where the software appears to use more resources and slow down over the course of a tournament.  That could still be a possibility, but I'm really thinking that there could be a background task within the TD that is sending out an internal event and causing this to occur.

Which makes me think of: Auto-save.  I just tested this and indeed the rotation is reset when an auto-save occurs.  Could this have been the cause?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 05:10:08 PM »
This is a possibility. I set auto-save on every tournament and have it set to 60 seconds. I will use that saved tournament and try it out again with auto-save enabled (when i reloaded and all prizes displayed properly, the auto-save was disabled.)