Main > Help Me

my load button stopped working

<< < (3/22) > >>

dullgeek:

--- Quote from: Corey Cooper on April 16, 2013, 06:18:09 PM ---I just wish there was a way for you to get your preferences file back.

--- End quote ---

Offtopic, but one of the advantages of using dropbox as a datastore is that it saves 30 days worth of revisions to all files. So that if I accidentally delete something or make a change that I can't remember what I did, I can get back the previous version.

Is there a way to change the default location of preferences so that I could store that on dropbox as well?

Corey Cooper:

--- Quote ---What I forgot about was that he was running an earlier version of TD (2.6), so when I opened the file directly (outside of TD, of course!), this file had an association to 2.6.  Is it possible that perhaps then all of my tournament files now would have their associations reverted back to 2.6?
--- End quote ---

I don't think so.  Windows just knows "TDT=Open with C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 3\TD.exe".  With 2.6.b5, it's likely it was still set to "C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2\TD.exe", since version 2 and 3 install in different folders.  Any install of the TD should reset this association.  Looks like it just didn't do it for you, for some reason.  You can always change it yourself.  Right-click on a .tdt file and select Open with, then select Choose default program, then you'll probably have to use the Browse... button to browse to "C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 3\TD.exe".  Make sure the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file checkbox is checked.

--- Quote from: Scotty K on April 16, 2013, 10:54:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: Corey Cooper on April 16, 2013, 06:34:26 PM ---For anyone experiencing this issue and willing to help out a little:
--- End quote ---

Consider it done.  You should have my email by now.

--- End quote ---

Many thanks!

Corey Cooper:

--- Quote from: dullgeek on April 17, 2013, 07:28:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: Corey Cooper on April 16, 2013, 06:18:09 PM ---I just wish there was a way for you to get your preferences file back.

--- End quote ---

Offtopic, but one of the advantages of using dropbox as a datastore is that it saves 30 days worth of revisions to all files. So that if I accidentally delete something or make a change that I can't remember what I did, I can get back the previous version.

Is there a way to change the default location of preferences so that I could store that on dropbox as well?

--- End quote ---

Yes, in version 3.2 (in beta right now, but very solid).  It's even documented in the user manual: section 39 "Advanced Customization".

That's a great idea, by the way, storing those files in your Dropbox.  Especially since they'll never get big enough to even make a dent in the storage limits of Dropbox.

benny:
thank god this thread is here. got people showing up very soon and couldnt get the load or save as working i could go into data and load manually but not save.

unistalled ie10 and its working again

Scotty K:
OK a small update...

I had some time today, so I thought I would try downloading IE10 again.  One thing that I noticed was that at the start of the download I was asked if I would like to download a version that included "Enhanced for AOL".  This had me thinking that perhaps this might be where the problem might reside.  I proceeded to download the enhanced version (which was the version that I had downloaded previously) just to see what happened.  As I expected, the result was the same as the last time, as I was again unable to use the "Load" or "Save" or "Save As..." buttons.  So, I went back and downdated to IE9, but this time I updated to IE10 without the enhancements, hoping that this time it would work.  Well, I'm afraid that the results were the same as with the AOL enhancements, so I'm guessing that the problem was not limited to those enhancements as I had hoped, but rather that there is a broader issue at hand here.

As a side note, the other thing that I had noticed is that my receipts were rendered differently when I used IE10.  I'm guessing that during the update the source file now reads the code differently (I have a couple of cells that use rotated text); perhaps the code that I used is now outdated under IE10, and I would need to figure out how to change it so that it will render the way I want it to (I know that TD is not responsible for any of this; I just thought that it might be useful to mention it just as a heads-up to others who might be interested in this.).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version