Author Topic: How to use a presentation remote to control program  (Read 3351 times)

dcraft

• View Profile
How to use a presentation remote to control program
« on: March 18, 2006, 11:23:53 AM »
I am trying to use a presentation remote to control the program, so that I can set my laptop up on a table away from the game table and still be able to pause the game or bring up the hand timer.  I thought that the remote just replicated keystrokes, but for some reason I can't get the program to do anything?  Anyone ever tried anything like this that might be able to help me out

Thanks,

Dean

cousguy

• View Profile
Re: How to use a presentation remote to control program
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 11:29:44 AM »
I gather it would depend on the remote.  I used the remote that came with my ATI all in a wonder card to remotely control the mouse and via the ATI software i can assign specific buttons to the TD hotkeys.  For example i have X, V and Space assigned to buttons on the remote.

If you're remote acts like a mouse, it should work. 

dcraft

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 01:26:32 PM »
The mouse part works but I can't seem to get it to recognize the other buttons.  It is a 21 button presentation remote made and sold by compusa.

Dean

dcraft

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 05:08:20 PM »
I think I figured it out.  For some reason if I send my button commands to a program called mshta.exe (which opens each time I open T.D.) then they work in the program.  Maybe someone smarter than I can explain this.

Dean

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 05:27:13 PM »
mshta.exe: Microsoft HTML Application host = the host program for the Tournament Director