Author Topic: I Run Large Tourneys (500+)...Using other software...Help me figure TD@ out!  (Read 1395 times)

mhargrove

• View Profile
I run large charity tournaments in the midwest (200-500 players).  I currently use a different poker clock.  It has proven to be quite easy to setup, and certainly adequate, but as my games have grown, I think a more customizable interface is in order.  The clock I currently use allows me to input the # of buyins, # of rebuys, # of addons, chip settings, rounds, prizes, etc.  It allows me to do this "on the fly".  Due to the nature of my tournaments, it is necessary for me to simply put in a number of players (ie Starting players =235), add the number of rebuys in mass (after the rebuy period is over, count up all the rebuys...and enter "xxx rebuys").  I can't seem to achieve this functionality in TD2.  It requires I load a speciific player from a database.  Since I am often in different parts of the midwest, my player base changes constantly.  It would be impractical to "load" 500 players information into the database in the 1-1/2 hour registration period I have before a tournament starts (without severe modification to my buyin procedure).

I looked into the functionality of TD1, and it seems this approach was allowable (adding all info "on the fly"), but the layout customization just isn't there(as far as I can tell, I cant even insert my company logo).  Is there a way to bypass the database requirements of the buyin procedure in TD2?

I'm ready to make the "switch", but I just can't seem to navigate TD2 in a way that would be practical for my tournaments.  Please help.  This software is so much more sophisticated than what I am currently using, and I would love to be able to take advantage of everything it has to offer.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The next version will allow this.  I'm hoping to release a beta version of it in the next few days.

In the meantime, if you do have version 1.3.x, you can insert your logo, you just need to know a little HTML.  But you're right, layout customization is far more advanced in version 2.

mhargrove

• View Profile
Cool..Thanks for the quick response.  Is there a workaround in the meantime?