Author Topic: new feature request: % of tournaments to be ranked  (Read 1637 times)

jbruckner

• View Profile
new feature request: % of tournaments to be ranked
« on: March 08, 2008, 04:14:49 AM »
Hi boys,

Our poker league uses points for rankings. The order of players is determined by average points. But, to keep the league in balance, there is a minimum percentage of maximum number of tournaments must play to be ranked. (eg. 30% of total tournaments)
It would be gorgeous if there is an option on the stats filter where you can set % of tournaments to be ranked. If you are under the minimum tournaments your name won't show on the list of the stats tab. (This feature is available on the Stats Genie site)

Does anyone else miss this option?

Kind regards,
jbruckner

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: new feature request: % of tournaments to be ranked
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 12:33:16 PM »
So, is the request that players who have not played in the required number of tournaments must not be shown at all on the Stats tab?  Because other wise, you can accomplish this today.

If you multiply your current Overall Scoring formula by the following:

if(count(scores) >= (n * .1), 1, 0)

... then you'll have players who have not played in at least 10% of the tournaments receiving a 0 score.  Other players will receive their score based on your formula(s).

jbruckner

• View Profile
Re: new feature request: % of tournaments to be ranked
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 03:30:04 PM »
hohoo :-)
I understand now. I have not known what is the relationship between "point for playing" and "tournament scores", but with your help and with the software's help page  my mind was lighted up.  :o

thanks for your kind reply Corey

best regards
jbruckner