Author Topic: Keep Track Of Dealer Hours And Pay  (Read 3069 times)

Seitz333

• View Profile
Keep Track Of Dealer Hours And Pay
« on: December 17, 2011, 09:15:30 AM »
It might be nice to have a way to "Clock In" and "Clock Out" dealers to keep track of their hours. Maybe when tables are combined give the option to clock out a dealer. We rake $10 from each buyin and $5 from each rebuy to pay the dealers. They then divide up the money based on how many hours they worked. Maybe also be able to assign that rake to dealer pay?

Chuck
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:17:15 AM by Seitz333 »

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Keep Track Of Dealer Hours And Pay
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 10:11:12 AM »
I don't see TD as an office managing software. It is a poker tracking software. A simple spreadsheet (Excel or LibreOffice Calc) can do this for you. I had constructed a spreadsheet to do just this and If I find it I will attach it. The spreadsheet requires you enter their name, Date and Start Time and date and end time.

Jody

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 09:06:17 PM »
I hear ya Jody, but the software already figures payouts for players, I think it would be easy to add dealer pay to the software. I do currently use an excel spreadsheet but would be easier if it was all in one program. Just thought it would be a good suggestion as an added feature.

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 01:42:50 PM »
Sounds like a reasonable request, and Jody has a point as well.

I prioritize features for the software using a couple of measurements: (1) the size of the TD audience that will benefit from it; (2) how much of a benefit that audience will receive; (3) the amount of work required; (4) whether or not it fits into where I think the software should be going.

So usually I work on things that will help a large segment of the software's users and/or will greatly benefit an appreciable chunk of the users.  But sometimes I will add features if they are relatively easy to design, implement, and test, even if they don't benefit a large portion of users.  And some things I simply reject (or decide to include) based on my own judgment of whether or not I want it to be in the software.  One might argue that that judgment may be right or wrong, but it still ends up being my decision.  :)

I tend to side with Jody on this one in particular, because it would be more than just a small amount of work, and based on never having had this request or anything similar that I can recall, it probably wouldn't benefit a lot of users.  But, it's still a good suggestion, and a good reason to post them here is to see if others agree with you and just hadn't ever asked for the feature, or maybe they'll like it and it's just never occurred to them to use the software to do it.  Or maybe not.  :)

Andy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 06:50:16 AM »
Corey, that would also be a great function for us. Right now we're using three different programs to manage our club. So it would be great if we could get down to one.

candidog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 01:43:20 PM »
I would love this option !!!!! :o

-candidog